Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Are you worried about 12/21?

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM
  • 24 Replies

I do not think 12/21 is the end of the world, but there are people out there that do and a little part of me is worried that there will be crazy people out there doing crazy things.  Now in the light of the terrible tradgedy in CT I am a little bit worried about sending my son to school on Friday.  He is having his Christmas party at school and they are doing early release to start Christmas vacation and he is so excited about his party.  If it weren't for the party I would keep him home no doubt and just start his Christmas vacation early, but he would be so upset if he missed his party.  I don't know what to do.  Am I being overly paranoid?  Are any of you concerned about Friday?

by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM

To be honest, I am not.

BUT - I teach in the school where my kids go - so I probably feel more comfortable than most in regards to sending kids to school, KWIM?

jmama0307
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I am not worried. I honestly don't believe it. I am sending my son to school that day but he has a half a day. So he will be home by 12:45pm. 

hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Only because if for some odd reason it DID happen, I've wasted a heck of a lot of money on Christmas presents! :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 11:10 AM
2000 did not end all technology as was the huge fear.
Cults that kill themselves because of a comet was their rode to God were delusional.

There is only one entity who knows when the end of the world is coming.... And HE isn't on the earth. He didn't even tell his Son who walked among us.

Besides, it seems we are complete capable of destroying the world piece by piece without help.
IntactivistMama
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 11:12 AM
In short: no.

Do I worry about global climate change? Yep.
sjump25
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I am not sure anyone actually read my post. I'M not afraid the world will end. I am afraid of what the people that do believe it will will do that day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2priceboys
by Julie on Dec. 16, 2012 at 11:48 AM

No I am not but I have told my kids that if it does end up being the last day that I love them!!!

stillkim
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:32 PM

OMG I'm still worried about 12-12 -12....jk.

I'm worried about 12/21...that it might rain that day. I have plans to run that day.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:40 PM

i am not. that is our moving day. so i hope all goes well. 

diva22374
by New Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:51 PM

IM NOT BUT THINGS HAVE BEEN SO CRAZY..! PPL BEEN ACTING FOOLISH DOING FOOLISH THINGS THE WORLD I S AN ILLUSION,,AND IM IN JAMAICA AS OF NOW SO NOT WORRIED,THEN HEADING BACK HOME!can of worms

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)