Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Is this crossing the line?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:27 PM
  • 51 Replies

My SO and I were at my parents house last night, eating dinner. 

My grandmother, my step brother (who I'm not close to), his long term girlfriend, my 7 year old son, my parents, me and my SO were all at the dinner table.

My SO was explaining to my family how I stayed in bed yesterday morning while he was cooking in the kitchen and how he brought my medicine into the bedroom for me to take.

He then started naming off the medicine that I take, birth control being one of them!!

I disppointed at him. I calmly told him what medicine I take is MY business and no one else's.

I told him that shit is personal and I can't believe that he did that.

He told me, so what, it's not personal, it would be personal if you were taking medicine for some long term disease or if you were taking medicine if you were dying but you aren't. It's just birth control, who cares if anyone else knows.  Get over it, you are making a big deal out of nothing.

What do you think? Did I over react?

Should I care if my family, who I'm not even close to, knows that I'm taking birth control and assumes that I'm sexually active?

I think it's personal and no one should know that I'm sexually active except me and my SO.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
viasacra18
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:29 PM
3 moms liked this
Believe me they already know your sexually active I think you may be overreacting lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vinalex0581
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:36 PM

they don't know for a fact that i'm sexually active.

for all they know the last time we had sex was when we conceived our son. i still think it's personal.

Quoting viasacra18:

Believe me they already know your sexually active I think you may be overreacting lol

TexanMomOf6
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

They already know you are sexually active. You have at least 2 kids. Get over that part.

I think the issue is your SO thinking it's ok to get a bit too detailed. Just let hi know you prefer he be a bit more general in his information. He might not like it if you share too many of his info either.

viasacra18
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol he's a dude they don't care or understand you have to train them but in my mind you have to choose your battles wisely and maybe let this one go cause if you don't and you nitpick everything then he'll tune you out and that's way worse then telling your family your on BC..

Quoting vinalex0581:

for all they know the last time we had sex was when we conceived our son. i still think it's personal.

Quoting viasacra18:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vinalex0581
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:57 PM

i don't share anything with anyone.

i'm a personal, private person.

that's why i was disappointed when he announced to my family that i'm on BC.

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

They already know you are sexually active. You have at least 2 kids. Get over that part.

I think the issue is your SO thinking it's ok to get a bit too detailed. Just let hi know you prefer he be a bit more general in his information. He might not like it if you share too many of his info either.

vinalex0581
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:58 PM

lol!! train him. how funny

but i understand, but i didn't yell at him or anything like that.

i just calmy told him that it was personal and he shouldn't have said anything.

Quoting viasacra18:

Lol he's a dude they don't care or understand you have to train them but in my mind you have to choose your battles wisely and maybe let this one go cause if you don't and you nitpick everything then he'll tune you out and that's way worse then telling your family your on BC..

Quoting vinalex0581:

Quoting viasacra18:

TexanMomOf6
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Then your SO needs to be reminded that you are a private person.  He just didn't think before speaking. It happens. I hope he will apologize.

Quoting vinalex0581:

i don't share anything with anyone.

i'm a personal, private person.

that's why i was disappointed when he announced to my family that i'm on BC.

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

slide_of_fun
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't be mad. My family knows we have sex it is not a big deal

Thelmama
by Thelma on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

It is personal and I would not want it shared.

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:39 PM
2 moms liked this

You have a seven year old, you are trying to shut the barn gate after the horse got out on this one. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)