Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Teen Moms

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 6:49 PM
  • 36 Replies

What are evryone's thoughts? 

I know firsthand what it's like, and am open to answer any questions, but I'm always interested to see what peoples thoughts are about the topic. 

Kylie <3

by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janitablue
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Are you talking about the show Teen Mom or just  want everyone views on Teen Mom.

kyliehilton
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Quoting janitablue:

Are you talking about the show Teen Mom or just  want everyone views on Teen Mom.

Just peoples views. 

SamiJ18
by New Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 7:03 PM
I was one. It isn't really a big deal to me. Sadly, nearly every teen mom I befriended didn't last long as a friend :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janitablue
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:45 PM
2 moms liked this

A teen mom is no different from a mother who is in twenties, thirties, or even in her forties. 

kyliehilton
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Quoting janitablue:

A teen mom is no different from a mother who is in twenties, thirties, or even in her forties. 

you put it PERFECTLY!

mamababies3
by New Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:04 PM
2 moms liked this

It's not ideal, and I pray that none of my kids are teen parents. There is just so much I want them to do, and see before having a child. I want them to live a life full of fun and experiance.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:05 PM
3 moms liked this

Definitely not the path I chose and I agree - not ever the path I would want for my kids.

Quoting mamababies3:

It's not ideal, and I pray that none of my kids are teen parents. There is just so much I want them to do, and see before having a child. I want them to live a life full of fun and experiance.

SaGe_Ed
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Just like with a woman at any age, it depends entirely on the person.  Some teens makes great mothers, some are horrible moms.  Age is just a number, it's the maturity and attitude of the individual that count.  (Although I will say I cringe a little when I see 14 and 15 year olds getting pregnant, but simply because there are so many "normal" things they're not going to be able to do if they have and keep a child).

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

You only cringe "a little" when you see a 14 year old pg?

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

Just like with a woman at any age, it depends entirely on the person.  Some teens makes great mothers, some are horrible moms.  Age is just a number, it's the maturity and attitude of the individual that count.  (Although I will say I cringe a little when I see 14 and 15 year olds getting pregnant, but simply because there are so many "normal" things they're not going to be able to do if they have and keep a child).

SaGe_Ed
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this

What can I say?  It happens, and the last thing a girl needs when she's pregnant (at 14 or 40) is people ostracizing, berating, and crossing the street when they pass her simply because of her age and condition. So yeah, only a little.

You only cringe "a little" when you see a 14 year old pg?

Quoting SaGe_Ed:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)