Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

flattering fashion tips needed!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:20 PM
  • 9 Replies
My genetics being what they are, I was not shocked when my hips did not shrink back to their pre-pregnancy size. Saddened, but not shocked. It is hard for me to find a size/style that makes me feel pretty and confident like I used to. Lets face it- I am a chub. I was much thinner before having my kids. I am still curvy and shapely, just upsized... and with a few extra "curves" I could certainly like to see gone! In need of fashion advice to find clothing that will make me feel good! I am about 5ft 5, and(cant believe I am admitting this)... 190 lbs... ladies, HELP!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sabrtooth1
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Try Catherine's or Dress Barn Women

Momforhealth
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Longer top with shorter jacket. Get rid of prebaby clothes. Just say good bye. Accept your womanly curves. I love scarves.
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Quoting Momforhealth:

Longer top with shorter jacket. Get rid of prebaby clothes. Just say good bye. Accept your womanly curves. I love scarves.

yes

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I am 5' tall and 178.  I wear a lot of trousers and cardigans or jeans and Henley shirts.  Trendy things are a thing of the past, I invest in good classic pieces and get my jeans tailored. 

ericndaimonsmom
by New Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Thank you so much! I will give these a try! More advice still welcome!
stillkim
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Accessorize, jewelry, shoes, shawls. That always makes one look and feel fabulous!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I'm 5'3 and 165.  I wear lots of jeans and long shirts.  :)

ericndaimonsmom
by New Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Sadly, jeans are very uncomfy for me after two csections. I am thinking of looking for some maternity pants w a stretchy waist that will not bind on my super sensitive momma belly. :)
bigmama423
by Liz on Dec. 22, 2012 at 11:22 AM
I've got no fashion advice...I'm a fashionable mess!! ;) All I wear is jeans and t-shirts.
Your belly won't be sensitive for long, it will go back to normal. I've had 4 sections and I'm back to squeezing into jeans! ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN