Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Glass went through my finger! (graphic pic)

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:15 AM
  • 11 Replies

I was fixing my wedding picture frame. Carrying it back from the kitchen to the wall in living room, when my crazy cat ran full speed and right under my feet. I fell to the ground and when i stood up, i had a 2 inch wide piece of glass going in one side of my ring finger and coming out the other!!!!! Luckily my husband was home and rushed me to the ER where i sat from 9:30pm till 2:30 am with this piece of glass in my finger.Finally got it pulled out and finished with 3 stitches. Now i have to follow up with a hand surgeon as it grazed the bone. Every nurse and doctor said they never saw glass literally go through a finger. Luckily i had taken my rings to the jeweler yesterday afternoon to be checked and they found loose diamonds so they were not on my finger. I also had to get a tetnas shot! My 2 yr old wants to put bandaids on it and my 10 month old is teething like crazy! It's going to be a long week! 

Has anyone else ever had this happen? (glass intirely through a body part) Or am I really that unlucky? 

by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poshkat
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Not glass but I cut my finger so deep with scissors it looked like a fish gill. Pretty gross! Hope your week gets better asap!
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Eek!  I hope it heals quickly!

stillkim
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:41 PM

You had to sit for 5 hours with glass in your finger. Gosh! 

Glad you are ok now. Good luck with the healing and the kids.

squeekers
Yesterday at 1:17 AM
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:39 PM

at least you were close enough to family and an ER to be seen for it.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Oh NO!  That is horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigmama423
by Liz on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Never had glass go through me. I did get a sewing needle and thread through my hand though...not fun.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bigmama423
by Liz on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:40 PM
By the way, I hope it heals quickly!!
aimlee
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Thank you. Yes I kept asking the nurse what the hold up was and she told me that they were saving me for last (their shift ended at 3am apparently). I was furious!! 

aimlee
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:00 PM

eh im always so afraid of that. Thats why i hate sewing machines!

Quoting bigmama423:

Never had glass go through me. I did get a sewing needle and thread through my hand though...not fun.

bigmama423
by Liz on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:25 PM
I was stupid and slammed my hand on the darn thing. I put the needle in the arm of the couch and forgot. I slammed my hand down on it when I was using the armrests to get up.....ouchie!!! I've never touched a needle since..

Quoting aimlee:

eh im always so afraid of that. Thats why i hate sewing machines!

Quoting bigmama423:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)