Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I am not a SAHM....(thank God) I like my kids better as adults.

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 5:25 PM
  • 24 Replies

Hello I am Cynthia, I'm 50 y.o., married x 31 yrs. mother of 4 sons.  I have been an RN x 20 yrs. currently working in a Behavioral Health Emergency Dept. in Kansas City, MO........"I see crazy people"

by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sjump25
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 5:55 PM

lol.  Welcome Cythia!  I am in STL, MO, but was born in KC!

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Dec. 23, 2012 at 5:56 PM

You sound like my mom,lol.

I am not a SAHM....(thank God) I like my kids better as adults.

sabrtooth1
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Not too many like you (and me) on Cafemom, unfortunatly.  I'm 60, married 35 years, daughters 29 & 31, whom we love and get along with.  I have been a RDH for 20 years, altho I only work pt now.  I also daycare my 11mo old granddaughter.  Her parents are growing their careers, and I am ending mine, so it makes sense.  However, I've always believed--you rest, you rust.   Not resting too much, chasing a toddler plus working 2-8, two days a week, and 8-2, two Saturdays /month..   PS, I live in the Chicago 'burbs.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 25, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Welcome to The Lounge!

luvbooks
by Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 3:40 AM

Quoting sabrtooth1:

Not too many like you (and me) on Cafemom, unfortunatly.  I'm 60, married 35 years, daughters 29 & 31, whom we love and get along with.  I have been a RDH for 20 years, altho I only work pt now.  I also daycare my 11mo old granddaughter.  Her parents are growing their careers, and I am ending mine, so it makes sense.  However, I've always believed--you rest, you rust.   Not resting too much, chasing a toddler plus working 2-8, two days a week, and 8-2, two Saturdays /month..   PS, I live in the Chicago 'burbs.

Not too by yourself.  I'm older than you, began logging on to CM when it kept showing up in some of my feeds.  Got interested in reading some of the posts just because I got interested in learning some of the challenges that younger women are facing that were slightly different from what I faced 20-30 years ago.  On the other hand, some things never change

I have changed careers a couple of times,  still work full time, still deal with an adult son full time (Asbergers).

Don't think most of these young women are interested in any advice i could give them although I think some of it could be of value.  I don't like to intrude where I think my values are different and in some cases quite a bit more liberal than what I read here.

opal10161973
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 3:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I just want to let you ladies know that I am one of the far too few, who believe that I could learn a great deal from you, so if you would be so inclined to share with me, I would adore it.  I consider myself sort of 'old' for this site sometimes and I am 39.  LOL

Quoting luvbooks:

Quoting sabrtooth1:

Not too by yourself.  I'm older than you, began logging on to CM when it kept showing up in some of my feeds.  Got interested in reading some of the posts just because I got interested in learning some of the challenges that younger women are facing that were slightly different from what I faced 20-30 years ago.  On the other hand, some things never change

I have changed careers a couple of times,  still work full time, still deal with an adult son full time (Asbergers).

Don't think most of these young women are interested in any advice i could give them although I think some of it could be of value.  I don't like to intrude where I think my values are different and in some cases quite a bit more liberal than what I read here.

sabrtooth1
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Quoting luvbooks:

I have changed careers a couple of times  Me too.  I worked 20 years in the insurance industry-business admin-before I went back to school at age 40, for a second degree.

still deal with an adult son (Asbergers).  Mine are ADDults,  grown & flown, but never alone.   I keep thinking, weren't they supposed to be helping ME by now???

Don't think most of these young women are interested in any advice i could give them although I think some of it could be of value.  I don't like to intrude where I think my values are different and in some cases quite a bit more liberal than what I read here.  My problem is that I *do* give my advice, and let the chips fall where they may!

bigmama423
by Liz on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Hello and welcome!
How do you make a marriage last that long? That's awesome!
I've only been married for close to 8 and it's been a bumpy road!! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RedHatBox
by Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Quoting luvbooks:

Quoting sabrtooth1:

My SO has Asperger's.

RubyQ
by Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Quoting nursecyn:

Hello I am Cynthia, I'm 50 y.o., married x 31 yrs. mother of 4 sons.  I have been an RN x 20 yrs. currently working in a Behavioral Health Emergency Dept. in Kansas City, MO........"I see crazy people"

We all see crazy people. And some of us have to live with them. The difference is, you get paid to do it and then get to go home, hahaahahahahaaaa.......Welcome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN