Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont care how nice you think your dog is!

Posted by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 8:11 PM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this
We are visiting my family and they have 3 dogs. Two little dogs and one big dog and my babies are very curious about them. They keep getting close to them and I keep telling them to STAY AWAY! My family keeps saying "oh its ok, let them play! The dogs are nice and have never bit anyone!".

Ummm... no! I don't care how nice you think your dogs are. I'm not letting my kids play with them or get in their face. It only takes one snap and one second for a dog to do damage. Ugggh!

Just a vent...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Dec. 24, 2012 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

You are being a responsible parent.  Accidental bites happen all the time when unfamiliar kids are around dogs in their home.  Kids can be grabby and the dogs can be stressed when they are around, it's a perfect storm.  Better safe than sorry.

bellaamore
by Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Yep.

And, the one time it does happen, my husband would shot that og on the spot or hurting our baby.

Its not worth it.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 9:12 PM
The perils of visiting others' homes. Wish I had a dollar for everytime I got chased by somebody's "nice"dog lol.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 25, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Aww, *hugs*

EireLass
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

It's time to stop visiting their house, and have them come visit your dog-free house.

EireLass
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 11:49 AM
4 moms liked this

Nolanzo
by Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 11:54 AM
2 moms liked this
Dh andi went to our neighbors pre-tha.ksgiving party this year and a 3 year old who was there got a bad bite over his eye/forehead/ bridge of his nose by their 10 year old sweet as pie golden retriever. The whole family got into an all out brawl and we left silently out their back door and went home.

ANY dog can snap. Not worth this risk!!!
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 11:57 AM
2 moms liked this
Umm so you want them to be scared of all dogs because you are? My dogs wouldn't hurt a fly, even with strangers. And if someone acts like an uptight aashole they are more than welcome to sit outside. ( the uptight asshole that is)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nocalmegan
by Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 12:01 PM
3 moms liked this
Then don't go over there. If you don't trust the dogs keep your kid away. The dogs shouldn't have to go elsewhere because you are afraid. ESP if you have no reason to be other than paranoia. I'm very watchful when DD is around dogs of course, but I don't ban her from them unless I have a reason to. You are just going to make your kid Afraid of something or no reason.
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok as long as you see their temperament.  You may be being a bit melodramatic but that is just me.

If anyone did that to my dog at my house.  Which I would refuse to put him away as he is amazing w/kids and actually lives for them.  You would be kindly reminded that it was his house and if you didn't like it you were more than welcome to go home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)