Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

TIRED OF SNOW AD DREARY WEATHER

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi everyone,I'm just very bored.   Tired of South Dakota weather.  I have a daughter and hubby that are sick.  So I am tired of playing games, and have no one to talk to. They have been sleeping on and off all day.  Just made three dozen m & m cookies and some ginger bread.

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Replies (31-40):
Marimaru
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:12 PM

We had about 10 minutes of snow on one day and that was it.  So, we're still hoping to get some :).

wishbearmom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Ginnygurl97
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Me too. I'm from Pennsylvania though. Been down here about 5 yrs now. It was nice n cool today, but you know of course I just gave birth a few days ago, so there's not much I can get out to do to enjoy it! And tomorrow will be back up in the 70s :-( I don't think it's ever going to cool down this year :-/

Quoting mommy_to_abby18:

I miss the snow... im in Florida now, but I used to live in MO. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hani_Mommy
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:09 PM
I am in ohio. And yes!!!
jango76
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:18 PM
I wish we had some holiday snow!!! I'm in Texas so we don't get it very often at all
CarolynC71
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:20 PM

We just got our second dusting of snow this winter. And I mean a light dusting. It covered the ground and that was it. Sorry to hear you are drowning in snow. I'm happy with the amount we've gotten so far but wish we could get a little more.

Isabelles_mommy
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I just moved from the sough to Michigan and I am loving the snow. I grew up with it in michigan and am happy to see the seasons again. When you live in a state thats just hot all the time, you get bored with the same thing every day, yes you can go outside and do stuff you cant in michigan in the winter, but you also can't do things you can here in the winter.

Go ice skating, make a snow fort witht he kids, make a snowman, snowball fights. Go shopping, Go to the library, take the kids to a museum and they can learn stuff. We homeschool so we have loads of ideas. Go  bowling, Call a gymnastic place and see when open gym is, they can run around and have fun. Go to an indoors bounce house. if you apart of a gym or ymca, theres a bunch you can do there, Also look at what event your local rec center or library has.

We also do alot with family, call cousins or friends and see what they are doing, maybe yall can come up with something.

sparkyco2
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM

i am WI and i also am very very bored!  i am so bored that yesterday the Gurney's seed catalog came in the mail and i thought i would going to cry with joy......LOL  oh who i hate winter.

lucsch
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:30 PM

I'm in Palm Beach....the weather is great, here. LOL

I hope everyone gets well, soon, at your house.

angeleyes16
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:33 PM

What snow? lol I am in West MI and we got a little bit of snow last night for the first time all year! Crazy weather! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)