Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TIRED OF SNOW AD DREARY WEATHER

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi everyone,I'm just very bored.   Tired of South Dakota weather.  I have a daughter and hubby that are sick.  So I am tired of playing games, and have no one to talk to. They have been sleeping on and off all day.  Just made three dozen m & m cookies and some ginger bread.

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Replies (51-60):
Uhura
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:23 PM

You can send some of the snow to me. :D

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

Venae
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I've never understood people living in the freezing cold, slush, snow and dark.  Been in Florida since age 9.  I just don't get it.  It sure looks pretty, but having to put on all those clothes just to go outside and get the mail....how on earth do you stay warm?  How does your house hold the heat - does the furnace run for 5 months straight?  How do you not slide off the road when driving?  Do people still put chains on their tires?

All I know is I'd be job hunting south.  Sorry, family we leave behind - come visit in the sunshine.

boysmom5
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:32 PM
We live in Ohio, but we're in Florida on vacation right now. I'm sure I'll be sick of the snow when we get back home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cwhit210
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:35 PM
We haven't had snow yet.
Kathy489
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I wish we would get a little snow! A green Christmas just isn't Christmas! I grew up in upstate New York where the snow was always deep, and now in Virginia, all we get is rain!

geekmom33
by New Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:10 PM

I wish it would snow here I miss snow! :(

KimmiGibbler
by New Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Another Maine mom here as well...(Rangeley....where is everyone else at) cold, windy & snowy.  Sorry that your family is not feeling good.  It is hard having to take care of everyone and keep your sanity...I know from experience.  I just always keep reminding myself that it will pass & some day my son will be grown up and gone & I'll miss him needing me!  Hang in there!

cmabbott
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Bradford, PA DH just measured the snow in our back yard we are at 27 inches so far!

Quoting Ali5683:

Where do you live?!

Quoting cmabbott:

In the last week our yard has gone from a mudpit to not being able to see my 80lb German Shepherd in the snow.  It's still snowing too.  Ugh.  Our youngest DD (18 months), enjoyed playing in the snow last night but kept pulling off her gloves so we brought her inside, our DS (4 years) kept asking DH to throw him into the snow piles, and our oldest DD (8 years) lasted about five minutes total before she decided she was too cold. So in essence, my house is destroyed, I have to make a grocery trip for the 3rd time this week,  and I'm going stir crazy.   We wanted to go sledding but our roads are pretty crappy so we can't force the kids out to play :(  So we've been doing crafts.

xxshelbyxxx
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Oh yeah here in Ohio it started on Christmas and hasn't stopped. Supposedly we had the worst snowstorm in over a decade the other day but I swear we've had worse.
lazyd
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:05 PM

In Colorado and NO, we NEED the snow.  I want soooo much more! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)