Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

TIRED OF SNOW AD DREARY WEATHER

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi everyone,I'm just very bored.   Tired of South Dakota weather.  I have a daughter and hubby that are sick.  So I am tired of playing games, and have no one to talk to. They have been sleeping on and off all day.  Just made three dozen m & m cookies and some ginger bread.

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Replies (61-70):
alaskansglmom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I live in Alaska and it is raining here.

Mama2JoshKatie
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I'm not tired of the snow, but I live in North Texas. lol We got some on Christmas day, enough to play in and build a snowman with even. It is rare and a miracle to get snow on Christmas day here. My 5 year old DD had been praying for snow on Christmas day for weeks and God answered her prayer. I've lived in Texas 26 years and this is the first time I remember snow on Christmas day (but it might have happened when I was younger and I just forgot). It was all gone in two days but it was fun while it lasted.

Ali5683
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I'm jealous!!!! lol We only have 1 foot.

Quoting cmabbott:

Bradford, PA DH just measured the snow in our back yard we are at 27 inches so far!

Quoting Ali5683:

Where do you live?!

Quoting cmabbott:

In the last week our yard has gone from a mudpit to not being able to see my 80lb German Shepherd in the snow.  It's still snowing too.  Ugh.  Our youngest DD (18 months), enjoyed playing in the snow last night but kept pulling off her gloves so we brought her inside, our DS (4 years) kept asking DH to throw him into the snow piles, and our oldest DD (8 years) lasted about five minutes total before she decided she was too cold. So in essence, my house is destroyed, I have to make a grocery trip for the 3rd time this week,  and I'm going stir crazy.   We wanted to go sledding but our roads are pretty crappy so we can't force the kids out to play :(  So we've been doing crafts.

IrelandRose_Mc
by New Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:12 PM
I'm in New York, we had snow before Christmas so it was white here then we got slammed with almost 18 inches. We just moved into our house right before Christmas so we got some much needed painting done. So sorry your family is sick hope they get well soon and you don't come down with it. Hope you have a Happy New Year!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fivebal4s
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:02 AM

No, please send some our way!!!!

Deborah Balfour
Executive Consultant
Rodan + Fields Dermatologists
kailu1835
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:03 AM

We have no snow.  Send it our way :)

merryvoice
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope, I don't live there but I do live where it snows. I don't blame you for not wanting to go out. Even 30 degree weather...not so much! I was getting cabin fever today and decided to go outside. That didn't last long! 

Quoting Ali5683:

You clearly don't live in South Dakota or in the upper midwest. A walk outside means almost getting frost bite. lol I'm in South Dakota. We currently have at least a foot of snow and it's 9 degrees out. It's supposed to get down to -5 at some point tonight. A walk sounds wonderful in 30 degree weather, but not 9. lol

Quoting merryvoice:

Are you crafty? You could do something crafty to pass your time. Do you like photography? If it isn't too bad outside, you could go take pictures, or just go for a walk. I get restless sometimes too, when it's too bad to go outside. I just end up doing something crafty like scrapbooking or reorganizing something! 

Cmyfantasyworld
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:48 AM

we are in socal... it snowed on the peak of the mountain across from us.. but it doesnt snow where we are. 

AuntyEm774
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:04 AM
I'm in ND and will second that sick of snow comment. Though I imagine we will have quite a bit more snow before its through! I could really use no more single digit temperatures for a while too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsWalton83
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:41 AM

yup I feel ya its cold and snowy here for 8 months out of the year! Oh and lets not mention only getting 3 hours of daylight during the heart of winter... it sucks and I am over it too! ;-) Oh and here is Fairbanks, AK

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)