Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

confrontation UPDATED

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:45 PM
  • 41 Replies
2 moms liked this

I need to have a few words with my sister. I do not expect what I have to say to change much, but I need to be honest and direct with her and voice how a way she has been speaking is making me feel.

I am a very direct person and I want to share my feelings openly, honestly and candidly. She will do with the information as she pleases, but I at least want her to know how her words are making me feel.

Sounds logical right? So... why am I so sure this won't end well... :-[

UPDATE:

Finally got to sit down with her today.  It went really well and what I was said was received in the spirit it was intended.  She apologized for creating the impression she did and totally understood what I had to say.  YEAH!  That means we officially got through a holiday with NO drama!  LOL!

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:49 PM

That's never fun!  Wishing you luck!

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Thanks... She left some stuff here the other day so I am trying to see if she can come pick it up, Hopefully she will do that without her husband present so we can talk freely face to face. If not, we'll have to do it over the phone, but she is MUCH more authentic when he is not around, so I am hoping to get her alone for a few moments.

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

That's never fun!  Wishing you luck!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sjump25
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 3:47 PM
I know how you feel. I did this finally last year and my sister and I haven't spoken since. I had to draw a line though. I hope it goes better for you. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Dec. 28, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Thanks - I suspect I'll need all the extra luck I can get!

Quoting sjump25:

I know how you feel. I did this finally last year and my sister and I haven't spoken since. I had to draw a line though. I hope it goes better for you. Good luck!

EireLass
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I also have a sister who I had issues with. I had to put a stop to it. After umpteen talks, I gave her an ultimatum. If she wanted to be around me, she couldn't act like XYZ....I avoid XYZ at all costs. I don't knowingly and willingly go into the XYZ situations. She said "if you want me around you have to accept that part of me". hahahaha. No.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:58 PM
She sadly has taken on many of the personality traits of her husband. When she acts so inauthentic I want to shake her and yell "Cut the shit! I've known you for 30 years - I know when you are being fake!" It is such a shame - we used to be so close... All I can do is be honest though and hope for the best.

Quoting EireLass:

I also have a sister who I had issues with. I had to put a stop to it. After umpteen talks, I gave her an ultimatum. If she wanted to be around me, she couldn't act like XYZ....I avoid XYZ at all costs. I don't knowingly and willingly go into the XYZ situations. She said "if you want me around you have to accept that part of me". hahahaha. No.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Doing so with family is never easy. However when done in love for the benefit of the person it is a good thing. Even if they can't see it. Good luck.
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you.....

Quoting Thelmama:

Doing so with family is never easy. However when done in love for the benefit of the person it is a good thing. Even if they can't see it. Good luck.

darlingdaisy
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Sorry about that. That must really suck.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Thank you. It is killing me that I have my thoughts ready to go and I can't get a hold of her.

Quoting darlingdaisy:

Sorry about that. That must really suck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)