Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Don't touch my freakin Dog!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm at the dog park today with my two girls. Lilly is a spotted pointer and lab mix and Emiliy is a Bully Jack, (Jack russle terrier and Bull terrier)

Great dogs :-)

So they're off having fun and I see Lilly rough housing around with a boxer. Next thing I know, the boxer snaps at Lilly and the fight is on. They're wrestling on the ground and snarling at each other. I yell "Lilly GO!" She tries to run but the dog is still attacking her. The other owner is just standing there like an idiot not doing a damn thing so I grab my water bottle, filled with 1/4 vinegar and 3/4 water, and douse them in the face. The boxer stopped dead in his tracks and poor Lilly hid under the table shaking.

The owner finally gets off his ass and starts yelling, "What did you dump on my dog?!" I told him it was vinegar water and I wouldn't have needed it if he had controlled his dog instead of just watching like an idiot. He turned a pretty shade of purple and I just walked away.

Then my heart dropped. The side of Lilly's face was covered with blood. Oh God...I took her the hose, rinsed her off and discovered a partially chewed ear. That's it. Thank you Goddess! I took her home and she's okay now but I'm still soo pissed! The dog park is supposed to be a safe place. Now I don't know if I ever want to take her back :-(

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:43 PM

The dog at the dog park attacked her first. Se was trying to run away. As for ,my neighbours dog,m no one gets along with her,lol. She's gotten into fights with all the dogs in my complex. We try to keep them apart but Lilly ran out the door as I opened it. Brandy was standing just outside my door and the fur flew.

Quoting marchantmom06:

Why is your dog so aggressive? And make sure neither of your dogs lick the meds off her ear.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

EireLass
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Whenever I've brought my dogs to the dog park, I'm not a social as the other 'parents', because my head is always scouting out my 3. At the first sign of a look, I pack up and go. Might be a look that doesn't go any further, but I'm not taking the chance. My big guy would take on anyone, he won't run away or submit. My Weim, has such long floppy ears, his ears always get the worst. The 'baby' immediately submits. And I would never trust that anyone would control their dogs, which is why I leave at the first 'look'.

bigmama423
by Liz on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Poor doggy. Glad she's ok.
I do not like dog parks..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sjump25
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Poor doggie! Glad she's ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RedHatBox
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Sorry she got hurt. I've never taken my dog to a dog park. I don't trust other people with their dogs.

AliKatAK47
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:28 PM

That's why I don't take my dogs to dog parks. To many unruly dogs and idiot owners.

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Poor Lilly!  I hope her ear heals quickly.  The other dog's owner is a lazy ass.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:34 AM

awe poor baby.  glad she is ok

cherylam
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:19 AM

after watching an asshole kick his poor beagle puppy into the ditch near our house because it didn't come to him fast enough, people always amaze me when it comes to animals...I'm in a shouting match with this asshole, who's holding a gun (thankfully not pointed at me) and hubby stayed in the car...MEN!!!  This man taught two lessons yesterday, one to his dog, to fear him and his son who was watching, on how to abuse dogs and scream like a bitch at women who call him on his actions.

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Oh No! Poor puppy! (I call all dogs puppies no matter what age. Lol)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)