Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I'm new & I have a question if anyone can answer?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:08 AM
  • 16 Replies
my daughter is a year & 5 months & for the past few days or so she has been so fussy! I don't know why she's like this & it truly scares me to death! she likes to follow me around most of the time & she always wants me to pick her up.. the only time she is quiet is it she has a popsicle & her eating habit is totally off than what it was.. she also had the stomach flu for a day & a half.. is that what made her not eat as much lately? ladies please help!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Red_Mama0723
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:22 AM
2 moms liked this

She just wants u 2 be with her because she is sick. And yes the flu would be the cause of her lack of appetite. Give her some pedialyte.

brittneylpo
by New Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:24 AM
yeah I agree with u but she got over being sick a couple days ago.. will it still affect her still? & yes I had given her pedialyte & pedialyte pops! thank you =)
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:37 AM
Kids go through phases. Is this your first child? Sometimes they will eat nothing for weeks and then change up and eat like pigs. And the behavior is normal too. It's called separation anxiety, every child has bouts with it too. What are you scared to death of???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hemlockprimrose
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

YES for sure if she has had the flu.. that will cause her not to want to eat.. she still may not feel 100% yet and that is why she wants to follow you and be held.. This is a hard time when they are like this.. but all you can do is comfort her.. 

Karenjp60
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Agree with all of the above. And know that it is perfectly normal for them to go through eating phases. I had weeks where my daughter would only eat oatmeal and applesauce. And weeks where she literally lived on bananas. Don't panic and don't punish. Go along with it And it will pass. Just be sure to keep offering her whatever "regular" meals/foods you are eating too.
PandorasWorld
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:41 PM

that's exactly why she that way. and following you is just what babies do. but you should still get her checked out. just because she had the stomach flu doesn't mean it couldn't have made something else go on. she doesn't feel good so that's why she feels good w/ the popsicles. make sure that she is not dehydrated.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:02 PM

I agree with all of the above! 

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Is she teething?
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Quoting PandorasWorld:

that's exactly why she that way. and following you is just what babies do. but you should still get her checked out. just because she had the stomach flu doesn't mean it couldn't have made something else go on. she doesn't feel good so that's why she feels good w/ the popsicles. make sure that she is not dehydrated.

I agree with this

cathy152
by New Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I agree with the other moms. your daughter just had the flu and it can take a lot out of adult so you can imagine a baby. I would say to continue what your doing and give a day or two if she doesn't act well I would call the doc.. I know my son went through fussy eating periods some days not wanting anything and the whining lasted for awhile for to long in fact gotta love the sweet bundles of joy. Good luck hope she gets feeling better soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)