Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Goodwill Outlet...Help!! piog

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:44 PM
  • 8 Replies

So I learned about the Goodwill Outlet a Few years ago but the one Closest to me is nearly 3 hours away and being that I'm a Single Mom of 2 and I don't know how to drive I haven't had a chance to go.
...Well now that my girls are both in school my Lovely Amazing and Super Wonderful mom said she would take me on a day trip to the goodwill outlet in March as an early birthday gift!!

I'm trying to get an idea of what to expect, what I need to bring (bags,gloves,etc...) and the Pricing for everything...We plan on being there an entire day and I wanna get the most bang for my buck so to speak

I plan on going to the one in either Bridgeport, Wv or Dayton, Oh depending on which would be more stocked but I can't seem to find any photos or much info on either no matter how hard I Google =(

I’ve had some luck shopping at regular goodwill stores….,I’ve gotten a small quilted Chanel clutch for $1.50, a Lesportsac bag that was brand new I payed $1 and the original tags said $68, never worn Nine West loafers for $2, a Brown Leather Coach Purse for $2, alot of Lane Bryant clothes with tags still on, and Countless Aigner bags/wallets.

I have pretty eclectic tastes so I'm hoping to find some unique stuff but the one thing that worries me is I'm a rather curvy plus size and I'm a bit afraid I won't find any clothes in my size

34niewz.gif blinkinq skull kiss image by xxLadiiexTinkkxx

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:55 PM
I'm plus size also and I find tons of cute stuff at our Goodwill. I wish ours had a good selection of other stuff besides clothes though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AshieNicole
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks!! yeah i have pretty decent luck at the regular goodwill shops around me so im hoping to score some good stuff at the outlet =)

autiemama516
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Kind of OT but I love your name My dd is Ashleigh spelled Ashleigh. 

AshieNicole
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

oh thanks!!! yeah its not too common spelling wise...Ive only seen like 5 other "ashleigh's" spelled the same way as me in my lifetime and im 27 =)

Quoting autiemama516:

Kind of OT but I love your name My dd is Ashleigh spelled Ashleigh. 

hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I doubt you'll need gloves , germex afterwards maybe, but gloves may make you look a bit pretentious. i would assume buggys would be available as in regular Goodwills. I'd expect alot of furniture as well as the normal..., just alot more choices.
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:55 PM
No goodwill here.....st vinnies. salvation army, and a savers. All are small, but occasionally I go browsing to find something fun , like going to a flea market. Goodwill in spokane used to be huge and you could find anything!
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:38 AM

good luck.  we have tons of good will in my town.  not really sure about outlet though

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:10 PM
I just went to a goodwill today. Would love to go to a outlet. I'm a single mom too, no car.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)