Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

If you meet someone online...

Posted by   + Show Post

and you guys like each other and start dating....when do you think is an appropriate amount of time to deactivate or stop using the dating site?

undefined

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Replies (21-30):
mommaof3girls24
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:40 AM

I recently met my boyfriend from online (not a dating site though) and we've been together for a month now and we both deleted our accounts within two weeks of meeting each other. Good luck!!

Daisyducc
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:22 AM

Once a relationship is established.  DH and I met online at match.com, and about a week or so after our first date, I tried to show his profile to a friend of mine and it was gone.  He had already deactivated. (Though five and a half years later, he jokes that he just blocked me from viewing it!)

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:58 AM

I would never look on line for a relationship but then again I am not a chatter!

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:13 AM

When you're no longer open to seeing other people, the profiles need to close. 

Good luck! My husband and I met online. We've been together (offline) for 5 years now, married for almost 4.

icn_mom
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, during the courtship I wouldnt suggest logging into your online dating account, unless you both have in agreement that your not going to be the only ones your seeing. I wouldnt say deactivate your account until 6 months in, but I wouldnt use it in that time! online dating is like "real world" dating, if you start a solid relationship, your not going to go out bar hopping getting numbers right?

cjsbmom
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I met my DH online. On our first date, I deactivated my account. People think it's crazy, but from the minute I met him in person, I *knew* I was done with needing a dating site. And I was right.

At the very least, you need to stop when you agree to be exclusive with someone.

sjump25
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Yeah I agree

Quoting offrdngal:

Once the two of you agree to be exclusive, then the accounts should be deleted.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I meet an ex online, we talked for over 6 months before even THINKING of meeting, then we meet in daylight in a VERY public place for the first 6 months, then went from there we ended up dating for over 4 years.

I stopped my account when we moved in together as that was a commitment not just dating, you can date 100 people that doesn't mean you are THEIRS

Dee0886
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:02 AM

when you both decide that you want to seriously persue a comitted, monogomous relationship.

Ali5683
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Once you're exclusive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)