Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you meet someone online...

Posted by   + Show Post

and you guys like each other and start dating....when do you think is an appropriate amount of time to deactivate or stop using the dating site?

undefined

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Replies (41-50):
justahousewife
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:20 PM
I agree with the other ladies, when you have the talk. Otherwise you might freak him out. I would personally let him bring it up but make sure he knows you're interested along the way. :-) Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elites2012
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:01 PM

wait 6months to a year.  at the rate in which couples are breaking up, i dont think its wise delete the account.  it takes a while  for couples to really trust one another.   deleting it right away and then finding out that one or the other has some skeletons that the other does not like,  might end up causing a breakup.   so be so quick to delete and acount you used for dating.

Karla1948
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I would not be in a hurry to deactivate my profile, but dating sites do allow for a member to go inactive. But  the one problem I've had  with dating sites is ...

I'm a committed  smoker, and that isn't going to change. I've met non-smokers online who once we got acquainted, they couldn't wait to "convert" me. That simply isn't going to  happen. I'm  now very cautious about meeting a non-smoker in person. Before I do, I make it known that I'm a smoker, and I insist that my  choice is respected. 

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

baquick
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Agree.

Quoting offrdngal:

Once the two of you agree to be exclusive, then the accounts should be deleted.

faith40
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:59 AM
I agree when the two of you decide to be exclusive.
mamaBerg85
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:05 AM
My husband and I met online been married for 3 yr together for 5. I couldn't imagine my like without him we each have a kid from a previous relationship and one together. Good luck to u I agree with everyone else once u decide ur serious delete it. I don't think I ever really deleted mine I just stopped visiting the site. I wanted to be able to save the moment of us meeting.
lalasha
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:11 AM
You have to DTR. If you have not defined the relationship then keep it light and fun and ALL OPTIONS OPEN.
Velany
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

i met my DF through World Of Warcraft so when we started dating is when i stopped flirtting around with other men, granted i was still with my ex up until the day i left him and me and DF were together within the week.

JTriches
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:15 AM

one monh, else he is hedging his bets.  Did you agree to be exclusive?  If not,all bets are off

mrssummerlin
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Yep, this.

Quoting offrdngal:

Once the two of you agree to be exclusive, then the accounts should be deleted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)