Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My pore baby girl

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:32 PM
  • 12 Replies
My dd saw her father beat up his gf..... And other shit now she is,telling,me she wants a new daddy what should i tell her..........
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Theaterchick
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Oh wow. I'm sorry she had to see that. I don't have any advice but I hope someone does.
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:41 PM
wow, no words but I wouldn't let her over there until the issues are discussed. poor baby. I'm sorry
squocket
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I would explain to her that there was nothing okay about what her father did and try to set up a meeting somewhere safe where her father can explain his behavior to her. I think hearing him talk about what he did would make things less confusing for her. Granted, he may refuse to do this, but I think it is worth a shot. I also would leave it up to your daughter to decide if and when she wants to see her father and make sure that there is always an adult you trust with her. He is not a safe person for her to be alone with.

Venae
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Tell her you're sorry you picked a crappy father for her, but now that he's beating his girlfriend, she will probably not have to see him anymore.

Then call the police and report him for beating the girlfriend.  And don't let your kid around him w/o a cour order.  Hopefully he'll be in jail for a good long while.

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Wow, that's awful. I'm really sorry she had to see that..I've got no advice.
Baileysmom2012
by New Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I say i wouldn't let my daughter around him.... i know thats her dad but her safety is way more important... who say the next time he gets mad it would be your daughter that he takes his anger out on....... just something  you should think about...please don't wait until somthing happen to take action #beproactive 

aly-ambyrsmom
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:50 AM
I called cps on him and now she is telling me she wants a new daddy i tell her all the time that what happened is not ok.... But no matter how mean daddy is he does love her then my dd will look at me and say if he did he would be good not bad...... It kills me that she feels that way......

Quoting squocket:

I would explain to her that there was nothing okay about what her father did and try to set up a meeting somewhere safe where her father can explain his behavior to her. I think hearing him talk about what he did would make things less confusing for her. Granted, he may refuse to do this, but I think it is worth a shot. I also would leave it up to your daughter to decide if and when she wants to see her father and make sure that there is always an adult you trust with her. He is not a safe person for her to be alone with.

LivinDeadGurl
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:50 AM

I am so sorry hon.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:54 AM

See if you can get some play therapy, counseling for your daughter, it's a tough problem because he's her Dad and she probably loves him, and we don't usually see these major faults in our parents until we're much older and can deal with them better.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:54 AM

OMG how old is she? no child should ever see that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)