Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Facebook

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:47 AM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

My mom was staying with me while sick and she got a friend request from my sister.  We both were confused thinking she might have deleted my mom by accident so I called my sister and she said that she was just on facebook and didn't delete anyone.  Well I told her that someone (with her name) and same picture (that she is using) just requested my mom and was also friends with my grandpa's wife. My sister tried to look and my sister didn't see anyone else with her name.  So she logged onto my FB and found another (her name) and this person just joined FB an hr earlier and her birth date was like 15 yr earlier than my sister. 

Apparently this person blocked my sister but was open to everyone else.  My mom reported it and my sis sent a message from me asking who it was,  I went on there later and this person was gone. I went on my dd's fb to look for this person and she was gone too. I believe she was deleted

I don't understand why someone would do that.  She used my sister's name and her same picture which was my mom and my dd as her profile picture.  That is just messed up.

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
little.worthen
by Tessie on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ivylynn0711
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:49 AM

wow thats creepy has anything like that happend to you all before?

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:50 AM

Quoting ivylynn0711:

not at all.  we were freaked by it

ivylynn0711
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:51 AM

i would have been to

Quoting hayliedlr:

Quoting ivylynn0711:

not at all.  we were freaked by it

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:28 AM

That's scary!

Last week one of my dear coworkers/friends sent me a friend request.  That was odd because I already had her as one of my friends.  I went ahead and accepted it, and immediately after that my friend got on chat.  She asked me how I was and I said fine, how are you.  She said she was great and so happy.  I said that's wonderful, why are you so happy?  She said she had just won $50,000 from FB and asked me if I had won it too because she saw my name on "the winners list" too.  Around the time that I saw that, my friend's status changed to "If you think I am talking to you on chat it's more than likely NOT me, I've been hacked!"  I then asked the one on chat "where did we meet?"  "She" never responded.  Turns out I was not the only one of her friends to accept this other her, and when I went to find her, "she" was already gone from my friends list. :/

Creepy!

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:32 PM

that is creepy.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

That's scary!

Last week one of my dear coworkers/friends sent me a friend request.  That was odd because I already had her as one of my friends.  I went ahead and accepted it, and immediately after that my friend got on chat.  She asked me how I was and I said fine, how are you.  She said she was great and so happy.  I said that's wonderful, why are you so happy?  She said she had just won $50,000 from FB and asked me if I had won it too because she saw my name on "the winners list" too.  Around the time that I saw that, my friend's status changed to "If you think I am talking to you on chat it's more than likely NOT me, I've been hacked!"  I then asked the one on chat "where did we meet?"  "She" never responded.  Turns out I was not the only one of her friends to accept this other her, and when I went to find her, "she" was already gone from my friends list. :/

Creepy!

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM

That is weird. There are some weird people out there.

sjump25
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM

That is crazy!

sjump25
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Whoa!  WTH??  Crazy!

Quoting Kmakksmom:

That's scary!

Creepy!

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Yikes!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN