Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Torn between the two..

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:19 AM
  • 6 Replies

How do I spread my time between my 9 week old and my 3 year old?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mamapanda1030
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I have the same problem. My son just turned 2 months old today and have a 3 year old daughter. The only thing I've really been able to accomplish is having my daughter help out with the baby when he's awake (making him smile and laugh, talking to him, helping grab things like his binkie and diapers and wipes), and then once he's asleep, focusing on her alone. That way she feels like she is entirely part of the family.

DiANAiVELiSSE
by Diana on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

this... as it worked for me .. my dd was 3 when ds was born , now 9mths and dd is 4 .... making her feel like a aprt of him growing is key in my house.. helping with iapers/feeding etc..

Quoting Mamapanda1030:

I have the same problem. My son just turned 2 months old today and have a 3 year old daughter. The only thing I've really been able to accomplish is having my daughter help out with the baby when he's awake (making him smile and laugh, talking to him, helping grab things like his binkie and diapers and wipes), and then once he's asleep, focusing on her alone. That way she feels like she is entirely part of the family.

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I did the same, I always had them help me out with things and they liked helping. My kids are now 7, 7, 4 and 1. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

during the baby' s nap time.  watch a movie,bake cookies, story time etc...

I had that problem between each kid

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Your infant should still be sleeping the majority of the time. When they are asleep play With the older child. Never has this problem and we've had one every 4 years for 26 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:10 AM

I agree with all of the above!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)