Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

*Gasp* I can't believe my 6yo said that!!!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:53 AM
  • 131 Replies
7 moms liked this

My 6yo dd got a baby doll for Christmas. It came with a cute little diaper bag filled with diapers, baby food and a bottle. She loved it :-)

So I walk in the room and she's busy getting everything set up and she asked me to hand her the bottle. Being playful, I ask her if the bottle is filled up with Boo- boo milk? She turns, gives me a serious look and says deadpan, "No, the bottle has Formula in it." "I made a choice to feed my baby Formula."

Okay then,lol. I took a moment to get the humor off my face and replied, "You're right." " It is absolutely your choice to feed your baby what you think is best."

This is coming from a child who is still breast fed... LOL

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:13 AM
4 moms liked this

You still breastfeed a 6 year old!

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Quoting PurpleHazey:

I can remember reading a old post months back on how CPS was called on you and questioned you on breastfeeding a 5 year old and you lied about it. Hell my 6 year old is reading books and running a computer all most as good as I do and the thought of me breastfeeding her is crazy!

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

What a cutie!

sjump25
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM
That is how I feel. I cannot fathom my 6 year old.... nope. Can't fathom it. To each their own though..I guess!

Quoting PurpleHazey:

Quoting PurpleHazey:

I can remember reading a old post months back on how CPS was called on you and questioned you on breastfeeding a 5 year old and you lied about it. Hell my 6 year old is reading books and running a computer all most as good as I do and the thought of me breastfeeding her is crazy!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2BeAmy
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Why are you giving your daughter the breast still? Isn't it a little awkward she is closer to hitting puberty than beng a baby llol when do you plan to stop?

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I do.

Quoting PurpleHazey:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Quoting PurpleHazey:

Quoting PurpleHazey:

Sadly I had too :-( It's not against the law but I didn't need anymore trouble. My 6yo is reading books too :-) She's smart as a whip.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

What a cutie!

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Oh you and me both,lol. I remember just having my son and reading about women nursing their 4 and 5yo's. I was like "Oh hell no!" "What is wrong with them??

And now here I am,lol. But what you have to remember is, it's not like they're babies one day and full grown kids the next. The change is very gradual.

Quoting sjump25:

That is how I feel. I cannot fathom my 6 year old.... nope. Can't fathom it. To each their own though..I guess!

Quoting PurpleHazey:

Quoting PurpleHazey:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN