Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

GETTING TUBES TIED

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:00 PM
  • 13 Replies

I was wondering if anyone on here has had this done? was wondering if it casues you to lose weight gain weight and waht are the side affects, and how long i would be down for.

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poshkat
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:40 PM
2 moms liked this
I had it done in march. One of the best decisions I ever made. I was already I the process of losing weight and the last 20 pounds just melted off after my surgery. My periods were longer for a few months after but evened out and come at the same time every month. They aren't as painful as before either. It was an outpatient surgery. I was up the next morning and at target the day after that. Bleeding stopped after 24 hours and my 6 week checkup went great. They went through my bellybutton and had a little incision right below my bikini line.
forever26
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:32 PM
i got mine done and cant lose this gut at all my stomach hurts all the time i get cramps a week before i even start my period and some months i dont even have one my stomach is always hard at my belly button where they went in to do the surgery
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamamiajk
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I did and the only thing I felt was relieved to have all the sex I wanted without the fear of getting pregnant. I believe I was home by one that day. They call it a bandaid surgery because that was all that was needed. I had a bit of cramping but nothing major. Good Luck!

Nikkix4
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:01 PM

When I have my C Section on February 25th, I am definitely getting tied!

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I have heard more bad then good from people, so I refused it at the last minute. Some people have a horrible experience and have to have hysterectomy afterwards. Google PTLS

tammeee3
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:19 PM
I had mine done during my c section .. had no problems .youre recovering from c section anyway .. so there isn't any thing different..

Quoting Nikkix4:

When I have my C Section on February 25th, I am definitely getting tied!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AliKatAK47
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I got the essure done. It is far less painful.

NollynsMommy14
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I was down for 2 days (but not really at all) the gas hurt for a few weeks. I have gained a lot of weight but I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism a few months after the procedure. 

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I think it highers the chance of female cancer.

regian19832002
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:39 AM

thanks ladies for all your input, it still up in the air as i am not sure i want to it but i have 2 kids and i jsut dont want to bring no more into this world, and me and my other have dont want any kids 3 years almost for together 2 kids and he is done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN