Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I hate it

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:05 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

I hate it when dh says he'll change the baby's diaper but then just waits for me to do it. I'll get out of the shower and find him in the room saying he was about to change her diaper, then why is he sitting on the bed waiting for me to get out of the shower?

It is like this with literally every household task. It would honestly bug me less if he just wouldn't offer instead of offering to do something with no intention of actually doing it and then acting like a hero.

I had been up with the baby until 4 the night before, he said i could take a short nap. I go to take my nap and five minutes later he's in the room wanting to hang out with me. I'm not working right now (I'll go back to work) so i don't expect him to do much around the house but seriously changing 1 wet diaper every once in awhile, entertaining dd while I'm in the shower and carrying the laundry basket downstairs are not major tasks.

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amanda81919
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Just stop expecting him to do anything.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
clp0930
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I'm going to have to. I just need to vent.

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Men can be very frustrating at times...

GUTTADABOSSLADI
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Okay because my DF has to take all trash out, and carrying baskets. He also cleans the whole house one day out the week and I'm SAHM and my boys are older. Your DH needs to get a heart and  feel your pain.

clp0930
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Quoting GUTTADABOSSLADI:

Okay because my DF has to take all trash out, and carrying baskets. He also cleans the whole house one day out the week and I'm SAHM and my boys are older. Your DH needs to get a heart and  feel your pain.

I'm just so tired. She has reflux & colic. i stay up so late with her then i'm up in the morning. I get no time to nap, I skip lunch,and itsto the point that I just think he doesn't care. He pays really good lip service, he says very nice things but I sincerely believe that my happiness matters very little to him. I'm also grieving a recent loss.

Aishamusty
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Just do what you have to do

amanda81919:

Just stop expecting him to do 
hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I think when he says " I was just about to..." I'd have to say " well, don't let me stop you. Thanks, sweetie" and keep on truckin.
He wants you to stop expecting him to do things, so when you get overwhelmed and angry, he can look totally clueless and ask you what crawled up your ass.

Don't let him get away with it! Seriously, he wants you to have no expectations and then bitch when you don't want to be intimate.

You end up resentful and clipped in your speech. He checks out using the gaming system or leaving the house for hours .

We expect a heck of alot from our children as they grow up, but for some odd reason, when our husbands revert to fourteen, we just let slide right into a broken relationship.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stillkim
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:35 PM

He won't change it if you keep changing it.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Sorry, I never minded but then again my husband helped with that!

squeekers
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:23 AM

if he says he'll change the bay and he doesnt, call him on it. look at him and ask, well?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)