Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What's everyone reading?

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 8 Replies

Are you reading anything good?  What's it about?

What formet?  Kindle, Nook, or good ole' paper?

Would you recommend it to a friend?

reading

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL -I am reading the book my 8 year old is reading so he and I can chat about it as he works his way through it.  It is actually good!

It is "The Lightening Thief" by Rick Riordan. 

anotherandree
by Inga on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I have heard really good things about that, actually!

I have been trying to get my 9 year old to read Harry Potter, but he just isn't into them. :(  He LOVES the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series and can't get enough of those.  He was finally able to get book 6 and 7 from the library over break.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

LOL -I am reading the book my 8 year old is reading so he and I can chat about it as he works his way through it.  It is actually good!

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Yes - my son read those last year and then I got him the new one from Scholastic that just came out. 

I would have thought ds would have been into HP by now - but no - probably b/c I have suggested it!  This kid likes to find his own way - if I say it, it is usually a "bad" idea in his world!  LOL!

Quoting anotherandree:

I have heard really good things about that, actually!

I have been trying to get my 9 year old to read Harry Potter, but he just isn't into them. :(  He LOVES the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series and can't get enough of those.  He was finally able to get book 6 and 7 from the library over break.

Quoting Kris_PBG:

artistmom889
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:13 PM

About to start "The Ressurrection/The Awakening"( a Tolstoy novel) on my laptop book app, I still love paper novels, but the app is great for reading in bed,

stringtheory
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Her Land on kindle - about three men encountering a society of all women.
Death by Black Hole paperback- Neil DeGrasse Tyson on all types of physics. Loving both books.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyagain39
by New Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:29 PM

right now "deadly aim" free book on kindle..... my man got it for me for Christmas. I requested it for the hospital stay in March to have the baby.   it is awesome and addicting. but the book competes with this website....there are a bunch of free books, can't . wait for the next one!!!!!

LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:02 PM

A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin

It's the fourth book in the series that the show Game of Thrones is based on. I LOVE the series. I am reading it in paperback form.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:39 AM

"Gone Girl" for book club, haven't started it yet. I just picked up two Alice Hoffman books at Goodwill that I'm excited to read!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN