Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Hi

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:41 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hi I'm new to this website,have a huge issue and would love some advice!
I'm living with my in laws( 5 months so far, we're trying to sell our house in atl to buy a new one here in Al) my step mother in law is awesome- get this - my father in law is a royal pain. He's at home all day micromanaging my every move . And spends all day telling my 3 yr. old to hush. You can't hush a toddler all day! And his inputs on how I should or shouldn't do things are driving me nuts! I'm a really easygoing girl, love to keep the peace.... But I'm going nuts!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

First - welcome to the group!

As for your problem - wow - not a fun one or an easy one to solve.  Have you tried getting away from the house more?  Maybe some more space would ease the tension?

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to CafeMom and specifically to The Lounge.  :)

No advice, but I bet you can't wait to move out!  lol

Quoting Vicky212217:

Hi I'm new to this website,have a huge issue and would love some advice!
I'm living with my in laws( 5 months so far, we're trying to sell our house in atl to buy a new one here in Al) my step mother in law is awesome- get this - my father in law is a royal pain. He's at home all day micromanaging my every move . And spends all day telling my 3 yr. old to hush. You can't hush a toddler all day! And his inputs on how I should or shouldn't do things are driving me nuts! I'm a really easygoing girl, love to keep the peace.... But I'm going nuts!

Vicky212217
by New Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Hubby and I thought it would be easy, but father in law surprised us by retiring early. Yes I really can't wait!!!
I'm 15 weeks prego getting over sickness, first time being a SAHM( hubby and I decided we should try that) I think getting out of the house more sounds like a plan! What can I do for at least 8 hrs a day? I'm thinking maybe go back to work....
Mommyagain39
by New Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:35 PM

can you make your days full of outings so you do not have to deal with his negativity. I would be gone as early as I could every morning and come back to eat and SLEEP. what does your husband say about it?  check out the library, most have toddler programs, volunteer at a church that does mommy day out that way your child will have kids to play with and you can make some contacts. good luck!!!!!! hope it is over soon!!!!!

Vicky212217
by New Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Hubby understands me, he knows his dad is this way, but what can we do, we are in his house! We just moved here and honestly I don't know anyone! We have library reading time twice a week, I will have to look into mommy day out, thank u!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN