Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

my favorite horse died this week

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:24 PM
  • 18 Replies

so wed I got a call aft lunch that one of my horses was hung over the fence and looked dead. so of course this is the one day my man did not charge his phone so I am trying to find him. he works on a farm w/ hundreds of acres. could not find him. so I was headed to our pasture....... he was headed back from it and stopped me and asked where I was going.   here is the thing, I am 30 weeks pregnant, so he was like, so what would you have done if you had gotten out there by yourself? I said I would have gotten her off the fence an d made sure she e was dead and not suffering.......he said, do you remember that your in a delicate condition?  (he is old fashioned and this is his first baby).  so he sent me back to work and he handled everything, he didn't even want me to go out and see her because he thought it wouldn't' t be good for me....... 

the horse had been sick for about 4 months, the vet could not figure out what was wrong with her and we had tried everything so I kind of felt ok with it because I knew she wasn't suffering any more.

so, is he good or over protective???

this is the one area where we have an issue because he won't let me ride, throw hay, or basically anything except pet them at this time....... I have one I really need to work with, so I was going to go out and lunge him, and he was like, hell no.   

10 weeks to go until sanity returns.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Terri on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:46 PM
I am so sorry about your horse. (((HUGS)))
Did your doctor tell you that you couldn't ride any more or do any of the other things you normally do. If not, then he needs to chill out.
I don't think he should have kept you from seeing your horse. You are pregnant...not an invalid...so he shouldn't treat you like one.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

holmes212
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:16 PM
I dont think hes being over protective.. its his first baby and he wants you as safe as possible.. he just loves you :).. i can understand you feeling the way you do because thats all you know and when your told no your like wth am i suppose to do now.. and im so sorry about your horse :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
letstalk747
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:36 PM

really sorry to hear this

sjump25
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:25 PM
I'm sorry about your horse :( It sounds like your hubby is a little overprotective, but it seems like it comes from a good place. He's just worried about you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I'm really sorry about your horse.  :(

As far as safety - I really have no clue what is wise...  I know being thrown from a horse would be VERY bad for you.  Not sure what risk is involved in that happening.

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Quoting Kris_PBG:

I'm really sorry about your horse.  :(

As far as safety - I really have no clue what is wise...  I know being thrown from a horse would be VERY bad for you.  Not sure what risk is involved in that happening.

I agree 100%

And I am so very sorry for your loss.

Aishamusty
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:00 PM

BUMP!

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:43 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your horse

At least you know she's not suffering anymore. :(
As for your husband, I think he's just looking out for you and the baby.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:13 PM

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN