Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i invited my mother to my place for the football game but she didnt come, do i invite her for the super bowl?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:30 AM
  • 16 Replies

you will know more details when you read but here's the prob.

I decided we should have more get-togethers here at my place for specifically football game, i got a big screen along with a satillite dish and she has a small box tv with no cable or anything. They (her and my stepdad) just watch movies on it and that's all. So if they want to watch the football game (which is hugely important to her), she has to go to her local bar.

anyway...

I live about 7 miles from her because its in the country so my state was playing and i invited her and my stepdad and while waiting for her reply to my text, i looked around to see what i could throw together to snack on. I decided on chili on buns :) she txted me back "we don't want to drink and drive" :/

now, we already have the super bowl planned to get together at my place in feb. and if they don't want to drink and drive tonight, what makes me think they'd come then? maybe that was an excuse? should i even bother with the superbowl or any other games?

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bowmakinmom
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I would just extend the invitation but I wouldn't set my heart on her coming. Some people are like that. My mother is like that as well. I invited her over to open gifts Christmas morning and she was fine with it (actually her idea at first) and then she sent me a text Christmas Eve saying she wasn't going to come. At least if you invite her, she cant complain you left her out and you can just make parties for other people :)

ProudMommy51006
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:43 AM
I agree

Quoting bowmakinmom:

I would just extend the invitation but I wouldn't set my heart on her coming. Some people are like that. My mother is like that as well. I invited her over to open gifts Christmas morning and she was fine with it (actually her idea at first) and then she sent me a text Christmas Eve saying she wasn't going to come. At least if you invite her, she cant complain you left her out and you can just make parties for other people :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Blue231
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:57 PM
It's good she won't drink and drive, but why doesn't she just enjoy the game without drinking any alcohol? Could you have an alcohol free party, just pop. Or could you offer to be the designated driver and drive her home?
bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM
I agree with the others...I'd invite her again. Why not?
Aishamusty
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I agree

Quoting bowmakinmom:

sabrtooth1
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 5:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Invite her, and tell her she can stay the night after the game.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Yes - invite them.  It is no skin off of your back and maybe one doesn't want to drink that night.

I admire people who prioritize a sober driver more than a party - and they are honest they both want to have a few.

Invite them - just don't be upset if they don't come.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Great idea!

Quoting sabrtooth1:

Invite her, and tell her she can stay the night after the game.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Why would anyone drink and drive? I would invite her and her husband to stay the night if they wanted to drink.

LML1
by Kristy on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I wouldn't make a big deal of it... Sure invite her. The ball would be in her court and you won't have to stress : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)