Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How??

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Liz
  • 22 Replies
How do you get a divorce when you have 4 kids, and have been a stay at home mom for 8 years?? Seems close to impossible to me... :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eoewan
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:10 PM
2 moms liked this

It is not impossible. However, have you exhausted all help to save your marriage? Have you tried couple's counselling? If you have and the marriage is over, you will find the way. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Good luck, donna

Bmama1
by Bernadette on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:02 PM
2 moms liked this
If I were to ever get divorced, I would be on the same boat.
Aishamusty
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting eoewan:

It is not impossible. However, have you exhausted all help to save your marriage? Have you tried couple's counselling? If you have and the marriage is over, you will find the way. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Good luck, donna

saltlifemama
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 5:02 PM
2 moms liked this

You reinvent yourself, get a good support system, and make sure your SO still does his share. It might not be easy but its not impossible.

sabrtooth1
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Getting the DIVORCE is EASY.  Supporting yourself and the children afterward--THAT"S close to impossible.  And BTW, wouldn't you have noticed that the man was a rotter BEFORE 4!!! children???

lapcounter
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this
WOW

Quoting sabrtooth1:

Getting the DIVORCE is EASY.  Supporting yourself and the children afterward--THAT"S close to impossible.  And BTW, wouldn't you have noticed that the man was a rotter BEFORE 4!!! children???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 6, 2013 at 5:14 PM
I doubt he would agree to counselling.
We've been married for almost 8 years, next month's our anniversary. Stuff just seems to be falling apart rapidly..

Quoting eoewan:

Good luck, donna

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 6, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Nope, the 4th one really brought it out of him!;)
We'd just rather kill each other now, than love one another.

Quoting sabrtooth1:

GAMmom12
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Find out how much a legal seperation cost and go from there. Look like a lawyer could let u pay payments some how.

sabrtooth1
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bigmama423:

Nope, the 4th one really brought it out of him!;)
We'd just rather kill each other now, than love one another.

Is he ACTUALLY beating you, or bringing home dread diseases?  If yes, you need to get out now, for the safety of yourself and your children, and let the chips fall where they may. 

If he's NOT, then suck it up, and go back to school, and back to work.  When you are prepared to support yourself and your kids, THEN go for the divorce.  Of course, you MAY find in the meantime, that the root of his sudden 180 is despair over the prospect of supporting a wife and 4 kids ALL BY HIMSELF.  Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)