Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Traveling with or no kids!

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:23 AM
  • 8 Replies

Good Morning everyone!!!!! Another week finnaly kids back in school!!!! I am looking to travel in groups which will make the price cheaper ( the more the merrier) my friends always flake out like they are scared.  So i figure i reach out and see if anyone else have the same interest in partnering up and hitting the road?at the beachthis spring is Mall  Of America any tips or places i should see planning on budget.

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I highly suggest just saving and traveling alone. You never have to worry about others bring late or wanting to do something completely different and causing problems, being called away for emergencies, not getting along. The price really wouldn't lower enough to justify the stress.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Have fun! That's exciting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
saltlifemama
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I try to never go anywhere with other families or friends. Unless we are really super close and a lot a like. I like to go places on my time frame. Maybe I am selfish but I hate having to adjust my schedule for others.

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Sounds awesome, have fun!!
I have too many kids and not enough money, so we don't travel much. :)
JMCorbin84
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I've done a few group trips w/ friends & the best part is probably the car pooling, splitting gas 3 ways is much cheaper. The worst part was probably one of the kids getting car sick, so we had to stop every 1/2 hour & one of the other toddlers wouldn't stop screaming (she hates car rides). It was a 6 hour round trip but everything else was smooth sailing.
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Schedules, restaurant choices, hotel choices, behavior expectation differences. Whether we stop at roadside attractions, or drive straight through......we found its easier and less stressful not to travel with others.
stillkim
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Good luck putting your trip together. I'm one of the kind that prefer to go solo or meet up somewhere.  

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:13 AM

Welcome to The Lounge and have fun on your trip :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)