Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Ready for your tax return?

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:25 PM
  • 43 Replies
So dh is already chomping at the bit for our tax return (which we prob won't see til mid Feb.) and has already decided what we're using it on: new big girl bed for dd, a 6 seater formal dining set (which we don't have room for) and some odds & ends, like new running shoes.

Have any of you planned out your return usage yet? Any items you're trying to talk your dh/so into or out of?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreziaMommyTo2
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM

we dont count our chickens before they hatch, but we will put it into the market like we do each year.  

we usually get a chunk back, but we dont need it, so we invest it.  for us its found money

JulieMN
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:43 PM
We use it toward medical bills & shopping spree the rest! This year, possibly an iPad :)
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:39 PM

So ready to get my taxes filed.  But, I don't think I'll be getting a refund.

MrsImperfect
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:41 PM
We just bought a house that needs some updating. So we will be doing that and we save the rest. Use it all throughout the year if we need help with bills. That way we dont worry about any bills.
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I am going to owe, so no...I am not looking forward to tax season.  I think I will be paying about $700 out of pocket.

malibucj
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I just separated from my husband of 8 years and we have an 8 year old son. I've always wanted to take him to Disney world before but my husband thoufht buying games and guitars were more important.

So IF I get a sufficient amount back, I will be taking my son to Disney.
sjump25
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM
We never spend our return. My husband is a saver :/ lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ilaynasmommy
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Well hopefully I will be able to use it to survive for 6 wks on maternity leave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenity1613
by New Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Ours typically gets put back for my car payment for the year(so we don't have to worry about it), and then some for the vacation we usually take. If we have some left we either save it or put it towards something we need for the house. Last year we bought a new tv, this year we may get some new furniture. Just depends.

CarolinaGirl88
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:13 PM

We've planned a little bit. It won't be much since DH was deployed all of last year and that pay isn't taxed, but we're combining whatever we get with the travel pay he got after coming home. We're planning on getting new computer furniture and a new dining table and chairs, and whatever's leftover we'll just save or figure something else out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)