Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

At what age is it too old to be spanking your kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

I remember when I was 5 years old, my step dad would spank his 16 or 17 year old son.

Would you spank your older children if you thought it was working?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Replies (251-260):
GodsAngel927
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:13 PM

3!!!!! OK SEE YOU ON MAURY, "MY TEENAGER CHILD BEATS ME UP"!

ursy
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:12 PM

And I'll bet you're doing great!  Did you have a lot of conversations about things?  Are you a good problem solver?

ursy
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:12 PM

BUMP!

TexansGirl
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:24 PM
My Mama will still spank us with a belt if we do something bad. My brother was about 24 at the time and no one could find him when he had made plans with his now wife, well she was at our house and my mama checked the accident reports and ended up spanking him with her belt when he showed up at my house. It was hilarious, but if we're out of line she'll definitely whoop our butts.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sweet_Carol_126
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:46 AM

I think if you don't have them trained by then that it likely won't work.  I do remember smacking my kid's rear a few times after they were up there in age, but it was usually more of a playful reminder that they weren't too big to give a swat to. 

Sweet_Carol_126
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:52 AM

I hope you are kidding.  That can't be tolerated.  I'd have him put in juvvy or if he was out of school, I'd kick him out.  There is no way a child should raise a hand to you.  I gave my kids a smack on the rear, but they were not to raise a hand to me.  My husband and I trained them when they were small.  We didn't really have to smack them much when they were older and it was more playful to remind them of what was what.  However, a teenager who beats up the mom needs to have drastic measures taken.  Might be calling the cops and filing a charge or having the police talk to him to tell him that he could go to jail.  I'd be looking into my options if I were you.  No way a child or anyone living in my house is going to hit me.  Did your husband slap you around?  Kids learn from their parents so if your husband smacked you, then your child may be abusive too.  Sometimes they ae defensive of Mom rather than taking after dad.  I hope you were joking about this but do not allow this to actually happen.

Quoting GodsAngel927:

3!!!!! OK SEE YOU ON MAURY, "MY TEENAGER CHILD BEATS ME UP"!

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:55 AM

Quoting mommylovingtime:

That is sooo not okay. Spanking at an older age just seems sexual.

It sure does

beckolette
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I think that once you reach an age when things start to creak and groan when you get up, or when the brat can outrun you, you need to stop spanking and start training to be accurate with thrown things. Works for me. ; )

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Nope I don't spank anymore once they are about 3 1/2.

stillkim
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Probably around the late 70's or 80's.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN