Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

My dh's boss doesn't approve of my education level

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:57 PM
  • 14 Replies

Today after I got off work my husband called me and told me that his car had broken down. So I went to go pick him up and while I was waiting for him to finish telling the man that was toeing his car where to go. His boss was coming out to his car and asked me how my day was going and how schooling was going. I told him that my day was going good and that I'm not starting my schooling until next year. His boss tells me that I should be in school and not running around and working. I wanted to just scream, I dropped out of college to move back home and take care of my little sister marley, because my brother lives out of state and we didn't want too take her out of her school. That just ruined my day.

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chelsea_rh
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this
You just do what you need to do. Ignore what other people say. I'm sure dh is period of you and i'm sure your sister and family appreciate what you are doing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
He knows nothing about your life or your rationale for your choices. Ignore him!!!
Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Don't let other people's opinions get to you. Especially when, what they are talking about is none of their business.  Hugs.

sjump25
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:30 PM
What an ass! Don't let him get you down. ((Hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaylynn487
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Thanks ladies

arthistmom
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Since your schooling plans--or anything else for that matter--is none of his business, just pretend he never opened his mouth. Good luck with school!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bax
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:47 PM

The guy was clearly out of line with his remarks, even more so, consider what your situation.  And while I know it might have felt better to say something to him, you proved to be the bigger "woman" by not getting into it with him.  I'm sorry this guys remarks hurt you. 

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I wouldn't listen to what he has to say.  

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:50 PM

and  he was  out of line

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM
His opinion really don't matter. I would have asked him? Was he gonna help pay for schooling? Right now?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN