Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Controlling, Judgemental, A** of a boyfriend who I can't help but love but need to vent about!!!

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM
  • 29 Replies

OH MY GOSH!!! 

As if my son talking every second of the time I spend with him is not enough, (btw he is 4), the boyfriend spends just as much time telling him not to talk, not to stomp, not to yell, not to do this, not to do that!!! Today he decides to tell me I don't know how to cook, after telling me (at every meal) that it is great. I am the best cook. Thank you babe! Bullsh*t. Completely. 

So for supper I heated a smoke sausage, heated a can of baked beans, and made a pack of Idahoan mashed potatoes. Tell me I am a bad cook now!!! I didn't 'cook' any of it!!!

Then, if I were to say a word in the wrong context, such as, well, I can't think of anything that he has pointed out bc he does it SO MUCH!!! Oh wait, yes I can. One day in the past few weeks we had sleet. You know. That mix of rain and ice before it gets cold enough to snow. He heard me say 'It's sleeting.', and proceeded to tell me that that is not sleet. That is hail. The ice balls were literally smaller than 1 millimeter in diameter. At this point, I was so fed up with him correcting me, especially when I know what the H*ll hail is, that I told him to look up the definition. He does not know everything, but in true John fashion, he proceeds to look up the definition of hail, which states small particles of ice falling from the sky, or something to that end. He then, with a very smug look on his face, points to the definition and says, 'I knew it was hail. You are wrong. That is not sleet.' To which I proceed to GO THE F-OFF.

So, after having every friend he has agree with me that it was sleet, he finally says,  'I guess I am wrong.  BUT, that is what the definition says!'

I will periodically get on here to vent. I am sorry if some of you do not agree with me or my points. I am sorry if anyone is insulted with this. I, however, feel it better to vent to a bunch of strangers than to start a fight in the house and thus ruin what we do have when he is not being SUCH A FRIGGIN KNOW IT ALL!!!!

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
merryvoice
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Vent away! I have a husband who is always correcting me, but in my case he's usually right! Sorry you're dealing with this though. That would absolutely drive me insane. 

sjump25
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Vent away!  My husband likes to prove me wrong about little things too.  Drives me crazy!

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Let it all out mama!

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:51 AM

Quoting sjump25:

Vent away!  My husband likes to prove me wrong about little things too.  Drives me crazy!

Mine too, but I turn the tables around on him it works.

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:59 AM
He tells your four year old not to talk? It's got to be hilarious to watch that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sjump25
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok ok I'm probably guilty of it too. Lol

Quoting PurpleHazey:

Quoting sjump25:

Mine too, but I turn the tables around on him it works.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM

vent away.  we are here to listen

snickers1962
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:21 AM

kids talk,stomp,ect,watch it or your child will grow up with a bad chip on his shoulder.been there

angies3451
by New Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Bahaha!! My Ex was (is) like that.. I called him the king of useless information.. Ugg it annoyed me to no end.. lol   And my oldest is just like his daddy. wow!!  hehe

wigglesmomma22
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:49 AM

My ex did that as well.  Drove me fucking insane.  Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN