Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I am detoxing, weaning, whatever, myself from...

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:59 AM
  • 335 Replies
6 moms liked this

...drinks like Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, etc.  Wednesday afternoon was my last Coke.  I know this is not going to be easy, my mom jokes that she was putting Pepsi in my bottles!, and I already have a lack of caffeine headache, which hot tea is NOT touching.  Wish me luck, please.  I'm sure I'm going to need lots of it.  Thanks, ladies! :)

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:32 AM
1 mom liked this

You are going to have some major caffiene headaches for a couple of days, take tylenol! This is a good choice you're making,those drinks are just worthless and loaded with empty calories. Good job!

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:56 AM
3 moms liked this

Good Luck.  I need to follow lol

sjump25
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck! It's hard to real but you can do it! I have drank soda regularly for 13 years now. I used to drink 2-2 liters a day at least :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasMami409
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck! I cold turkeyd from Dr Pepper while pregnant. It was hard. But it did make it easier knowing I was affecting someone else by drinking them. To do it on my own??? That would be HARD.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmama1
by Bernadette on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck! I've stopped drinking soda recently also but I haven't givin up coffee. Maybe some chocolate and tylonal will help your headache.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Holly.
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I stopped drinking sodas in 2005. You can do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robin7771
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Good Luck! 

BlessedBeX3
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:18 AM

YOu can do it!!!! i haven't had soda in almost a year now and I feel so much better WITHOUT it. That stuff is horrible for teeth, physical health and mental health. UGH!

You go girl!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Thank you!  I am having some major headaches.  However, I am learning to drink tea, which is very weird because I am a Southerner who has never liked cold teas, but I am learning to drink hot tea now.  Since last night I have had some Lemon Ginger Stash tea...which tastes just like those lemon drop candies...and Double Spice Chai Stash tea, which tastes very good too.  I figure tea is much better for me than those drinks.  I will keep doing this until my headaches stop, and then I will be able to be free of those drinks.  I'm hoping to get to that point that if I drink one of those drinks it will make me feel sick or I just won't like the taste.  I decided to do this as an add on to my New Years Resolution for this year, which is for me to be happier in 2013.

Quoting Lindalou907:

You are going to have some major caffiene headaches for a couple of days, take tylenol! This is a good choice you're making,those drinks are just worthless and loaded with empty calories. Good job!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Thank you!  It's really hard, but if I can do it, I am sure you can!  We can do this together if you'd like.  Keep each other accountable :)

Quoting hayliedlr:

Good Luck.  I need to follow lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)