Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am detoxing, weaning, whatever, myself from...

Posted by   + Show Post

...drinks like Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, etc.  Wednesday afternoon was my last Coke.  I know this is not going to be easy, my mom jokes that she was putting Pepsi in my bottles!, and I already have a lack of caffeine headache, which hot tea is NOT touching.  Wish me luck, please.  I'm sure I'm going to need lots of it.  Thanks, ladies! :)

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:59 AM
Replies (321-330):
Mrs.Morgan
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes maam how about you. I haven't had headaches in awhile. I feel great.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Awesome!  Still hanging in there? 

Quoting Mrs.Morgan:

This time around i've been off caffeine for a little over a week.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

That's awesome!  I've tried doing this before, several times, but have never made it past a day.  When my headache starts to hit I've been back on the drinks that I swore just the day before that I would never touch again.  How long have you been without?  Good Luck to you! :)

Quoting Mrs.Morgan:

This is my second time with no sodas

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcknitro
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Good Luck.  I was lucky enough that when I was in high school I was on a swim team and we had a no soda rule.  It kind of stuck with me as an adult.  I dont buy soda or even keep it in my house.  I will on occasion have a soda, but usually in the event that there are no alternatives, like in some fastfood joints.  I find I like Iced Tea much better.

marynbama
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I am trying to do the same. I quit smoking 9 months ago & I swear soft drinks are harder!
supercarp
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for you. I did that last year. I still drink coffee though (which I still believe is good for you) so I didn't get any headaches.

happyhealthy105
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I've got a great cleanse if you're interested!!!  THE BEST ON THE MARKET

Difference between this any anything else is that IT WORKS!!!

bigmama423
by Liz on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this
So how's it going?? I've been doing alright, I maybe have 1 coke a week. I've backed off the Monsters too. :)
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I'm doing very well, thanks for asking!  I haven't had any headaches for a bit either.  :)

Quoting Mrs.Morgan:

Yes maam how about you. I haven't had headaches in awhile. I feel great.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Awesome!  Still hanging in there? 

Quoting Mrs.Morgan:

This time around i've been off caffeine for a little over a week.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

That's awesome!  I've tried doing this before, several times, but have never made it past a day.  When my headache starts to hit I've been back on the drinks that I swore just the day before that I would never touch again.  How long have you been without?  Good Luck to you! :)

Quoting Mrs.Morgan:

This is my second time with no sodas

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Oh, you are lucky!  I haven't ever really liked iced tea, which is so weird because I grew up in the South, and well...it's everywhere there :)

Quoting mcknitro:

Good Luck.  I was lucky enough that when I was in high school I was on a swim team and we had a no soda rule.  It kind of stuck with me as an adult.  I dont buy soda or even keep it in my house.  I will on occasion have a soda, but usually in the event that there are no alternatives, like in some fastfood joints.  I find I like Iced Tea much better.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Good Luck to you!  I have never smoked, but I can say that quitting these drinks is very hard to do.

Quoting marynbama:

I am trying to do the same. I quit smoking 9 months ago & I swear soft drinks are harder!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Thank you!  Yeah, I would have had coffee, but I wanted to try to do this without anything other than water, teas and juices.  I have had a couple coffee drinks now, and I had massive headaches for about 2 1/2 weeks, but now I'm good :)

Quoting supercarp:

Good for you. I did that last year. I still drink coffee though (which I still believe is good for you) so I didn't get any headaches.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)