Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I am detoxing, weaning, whatever, myself from...

Posted by   + Show Post

...drinks like Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, etc.  Wednesday afternoon was my last Coke.  I know this is not going to be easy, my mom jokes that she was putting Pepsi in my bottles!, and I already have a lack of caffeine headache, which hot tea is NOT touching.  Wish me luck, please.  I'm sure I'm going to need lots of it.  Thanks, ladies! :)

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:59 AM
Replies (41-50):
justinnaimee
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Take a migraine pill or get caffeine pills. I always get a migraine when getting off of soda.

Oh and drink lots and lots of water. That will help too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
whatplanetweon
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes you can do it!!! :D Pop is so bad for you and the health benefits will be rewarded :D its worth it do it!! :D

ZanderandBella
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I did a full body detox and I got sick the next time I drank a soda. Just stick with it and detox. My brother recently went to a new school where they don't have junk food or sodas. He came home and was sick (due to my mom buying sodas). It's worth it in the end. If you drink any coffee, that will help with the headaches.

iamcafemom83
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
You can do it!! Diet coke was my choice of soda and its been a month since I last had one. I've been drinking 2-3 cups of green tea a day. Of course, water too! It's hard to say how much weight I've lost just from that, but I'm 15 lbs lighter in addition to working out and watching calories.

Do it one day at a time...totally clichè, but it works:)
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I couldnt do it because i get really sick with out caffine(sp). I get dizzy , puking, an ive passed out a few times from lack of caffine . When I was pregnant they didnt want me to stop drinking it because for me it possed more risk to stop then to keep drinking it. Ofcourse I didnt dirnk alot of but some.If I dont have sugar I get sick . not sure why but I do.

Mama2ETA
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

You can do it! You just have to have the will to. Also, don't kid yourself thinking you can only have one if you were literally drinking only soda. I quit for 6 months. I made the mistake of thinking I could have only one on my birthday. The cravings were worse than before I quit once I had that one. Good luck! You CAN do it!

ProudMommy51006
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Here's my soda story (lol yes I'm that bad on soda that i have a story)...
i drank a TON of soda as a kid. It was so bad that my when my friend wanted me to come over the first thing she would say is, "I have soda!" And it would get me every time. When i was 14, i was 5'2" and getting into the 140 lb range, i decided to do the atkins diet with my mom and gave up soda cold turkey. I dropped down to 115 lbs easy and felt so much better drinking only water. I stayed off of it completely for 3 years. After i had my dd i started drinking diet coke/diet pepsi and i have been under it's control ever since (I'm 24 now). I have tried quitting a few times and then i always find myself back at mcdonalds getting "just this one" oh so yummy soda as a "treat" and i end up right back where i was... right now i drink a 12 pk in 3 days. I so want to quit this, it would be so much healthier and save money... Ugh!
psych_mom
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I did this in 2010. The first 3 weeks were definitely the hardest, but you can do this!

ReadWriteLuv
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

This is my third day of no carbs. (I'm doing Atkins induction.) The first day was actually not too bad. Yesterday my withdrawls symptoms started, and today they are continuing. The headache and the body aches are no joke, that is why I started on the weekend so I could lay in bed while I withdrawl rather than have to suffer at work. 

I refuse to give up my coffee in the morning through. I am just using unsweetened coconut milk instead of sugary creamer. I can live without sugar, bread, dairy, or fruit for two weeks, but I absolutely cannot live without caffiene.

It's tough, but you can do it!!!! Good luck to you.

marabie
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I cut out all sugar in all forms for 2 months. No dairy, fruit, bread, processed sugar, nothing. Just whole grains (excluding bread), veggies, meats, and low sugar fruit. If I can do that being a sugar junkie you can cut out pop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN