Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Don't Know

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:11 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

My Son and his wife and grandchildren are living with my Husband and I.  Their are times we don"t see I to I. On thing in this home. I feel like a prisoner in my home. I don't like how they are disapline their kids?

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Samantha.Stetka
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I would maybe talk to your son and tell him. I'm not sure how close you are with your son, but my parents and I talk about everything! I know that whenever they give me advice, it's because they want whats best for my son, and myself. Try talking to him about it.:)

mp3mom
by Cherrie on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:12 PM

We lived with my parents' for a year when we moved from FL to DE. I really resented when my parents butted in. On the other hand, it is their house. If it pertains to you or your house, IMO, you have every right to say something. My parents still add their 2 cents, and I'm 50, lol. I suppose they've earned that privilege. They are, after all, not only my parents who I love and respect, they're doing it out of love. It's your house; speak your mind. If your son doesn't like it, he can get his own house. I would explain that you're trying to help out of love and concern. Make a list of the things that are bothering you, and request a time when the four of you can discuss things. Good luck~ you're a good mom & grandmother :)

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:24 PM
What do you not like about the way they discipline?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:30 PM

why do you feel like a prisoner?

my4kids274
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Could you elaborate more? Why do you not like the way they discipline their children?

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:42 PM

What do they do that you do not like?  Bottom line...they are living in your house.  You can talk with them and set down some ground rules, such as "No spanking the kids in my home", <~~~I'm just going out on a limb here with that one, sorry if that doesn't happen~~~> or "Clean up after yourselves".  Even though they are adults with kids of their own they are living with you.

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Since it's your house, you have rules and boundaries that they should respect.
Since it's not your children though, you really can't do much. You can let them know how you feel. It may just go in one ear and out the other though.
Good luck, I know it's hard having a lot of heads under one roof!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Your house your rules....point blank

erikadi
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I think you should talk to them and feel like you can be honest with them since it is your house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN