Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Boyfriend treats his daughter better then mine ugh!

Posted by   + Show Post

My boyfriend and I have been together since my daughter was 2 and his 3. They are only nine months apart. He has made no effort to bond at all with my daughter and she lives with us yet every weekend when his daughter is over he treats her like a little princess and mine gets jealous and as a result she is mean to his daughter. They are 4 and 5 now. Don't get me wrong he does buy my daughter stuff but he never plays with her or lets her sit on his lap or watch movies or anything. His daughter never gets introuble and does what ever you tell her to and mine while she is a spirited on lol. Regardless of their personalitlies they should be treated the same and he should have bonded with her after 2 years. She tells me all the time that she doesn't even like him and I know it is because he puts no effort in. I have even caught him giving her dirty looks and she has too.  This makes me so sad for my daughter. Please help!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Replies (141-150):
nurbabe82
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I don't think I could be with someone who didn't except my kids and it doesn't sound like he has or is going to. Sounds like he needs to be with someone who doesn't have kids. It's not fair to your dd or you.

Misha1204
by LadyLiberty on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:30 PM
I couldn't be w/a man that didn't treat my dd like his own. We're a package deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeeKee77
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:39 PM
And you're still with him?? It seems you're not very good to your poor daughter either. :( Sad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sav820
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Give your daughter to her BioFather, if you can't provide a Loving  emotional stable home by ALL/Everyone who live there. And you have no business staying in that relationship if someone treats a innocent child like that spirited or not she deserves love & affection by all who live under that roof.

Hiss treatment of her is BS she is YOUR child. SHE should always come FIRST ALWAYS no matter what. You are a grown woman and your having problems dealing with him and his nasty dirty looks. I can't imagine what that poor daughter of yours feels and thinks and how long you allowed this to continue. Please seek counseling and DO NOT allow men to treat your child like that... Actually Men should be the last thought on your mind..

Go to a shelter for a while if you have to and get some counseling because you need counseling,  they will help you find a apartment . Sign up for HUD & child care, get a room mate ,anything but staying in that house any longer. Where did you live prior to that?  I'm sure you can find help somewhere, even a church would help you. I would have been gone two years ago.

Borrow the money, You should be getting your " Tax refund " use that to move. But get the hell away from him...Before his dirty looks turn into something MORE EVIL!!

Roo1234
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Honestly, it isn't likely to change. You are most likely going to have to make the tough choice: Leave or allow your child to be treated no better and probably world in the future.
chantel_lance
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Dump him he sounds like a jerk! Plus that could have lasting effects on your daughters self esteem
jamiebell
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Dont let that be an excuse not to leave. What if he was being abusive, would you say your lost and dont know where to go so you'll just stay? You and your daughter deservs better. Show her she is more important and doesn't deserve to be treated like that. As she gets older she will resent you. Kids are very perceptive, she knows she's being treated differently and he doesn't like her. And that you didnt stand up for her. Good luck mama and be strong!

Quoting Banville108:

I am ready to leave. I just have no place to go I lost my mother last year to breast cancer and my father 11 years ago. I can't get any help from the state because "I make too much" however not enough to live on my own. Daycare alone costs me 600 a month. I am so lost and I know this is not good for my daughter. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessi2girls
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Doesn't matter if he's an asshole or not.. still not his kid or his responsibility.. it's up to the MOTHER to choose men worthy enough to bring around her children!!!

You can't change a man, but you CAN choose who you want around YOUR child!

Quoting yamamoma:

if a guy is with a girl who already has kids, i think he needs to think about what he's getting himself into before being with her.. how could he have no responsibility over a child even if it isnt his but he's with the mother ?? only a**holes would be like that. yea its her duty to kick him to the curb, but its also his duty to atleast put in some effort.

Quoting jessi2girls:

A guy has no responsibility to a child that isn't his.. 

it's not on him.. it's on the mother to step up and realize that this is the type of person he his, and do what's right for her daughter and kick this guy to the curb. 

Quoting yamamoma:

really ? i dare a man to try and be apart of my life yet not treat my  kids right. Infact you better treat my kids better then you treat me ! Especially if he's apart of there every day life..

Quoting Jennyanne322:

It's not his kid. He doesn't have to.

yamamoma
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:01 PM

i agree, it is up to the mother to make those choices. but i still dont agree that a man doesnt have any responsibiltys to a child that hes in there every day life, and apart of the mothers life. guess it just takes a real man to be able to step up and be a father to a child wether its his or not  ...

Quoting jessi2girls:

Doesn't matter if he's an asshole or not.. still not his kid or his responsibility.. it's up to the MOTHER to choose men worthy enough to bring around her children!!!

You can't change a man, but you CAN choose who you want around YOUR child!

Quoting yamamoma:

if a guy is with a girl who already has kids, i think he needs to think about what he's getting himself into before being with her.. how could he have no responsibility over a child even if it isnt his but he's with the mother ?? only a**holes would be like that. yea its her duty to kick him to the curb, but its also his duty to atleast put in some effort.

Quoting jessi2girls:

A guy has no responsibility to a child that isn't his.. 

it's not on him.. it's on the mother to step up and realize that this is the type of person he his, and do what's right for her daughter and kick this guy to the curb. 

Quoting yamamoma:

really ? i dare a man to try and be apart of my life yet not treat my  kids right. Infact you better treat my kids better then you treat me ! Especially if he's apart of there every day life..

Quoting Jennyanne322:

It's not his kid. He doesn't have to.

amyf711
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Leave him! Definately don't leave your daughter alone with him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN