Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Boyfriend treats his daughter better then mine ugh!

Posted by   + Show Post

My boyfriend and I have been together since my daughter was 2 and his 3. They are only nine months apart. He has made no effort to bond at all with my daughter and she lives with us yet every weekend when his daughter is over he treats her like a little princess and mine gets jealous and as a result she is mean to his daughter. They are 4 and 5 now. Don't get me wrong he does buy my daughter stuff but he never plays with her or lets her sit on his lap or watch movies or anything. His daughter never gets introuble and does what ever you tell her to and mine while she is a spirited on lol. Regardless of their personalitlies they should be treated the same and he should have bonded with her after 2 years. She tells me all the time that she doesn't even like him and I know it is because he puts no effort in. I have even caught him giving her dirty looks and she has too.  This makes me so sad for my daughter. Please help!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Replies (151-160):
masonmomma
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:21 PM
3 moms liked this
Imo, leave. He will not ever change that. Some men are step daddy material and some just aren't. They can't get past the biological factor enough to not be a dick and never will.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
needhope
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Your going to have to choose between him and your daughter. You had no business staying win a man who treats ur daughter like this. If you don't get out now your daughter will resent u for staying with him, choosing him over her. 

Single mom  lesbians

We judge others by their worst actions, but ourselves by our best intentions

powers2704
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Even though he isn't her biological father it shouldn't matter, when he decided to take on the relationship with you he then took on responsibility of being a father figure to your child. I am with someone who has been in my daughters life since she was two, he does make special time for her and cares about her. Yet there are times that he gets very frustrated which that is probably because he is not her biological father. That being said I understand his frustrations sometimes but now that he and I have achild together I find more love and attention being shown to our son. There is a little bit of difference but if he is straight out being mean and neglecting her of the nurture she needs from him, def talk to him and if it does not change it might not be the best environment for her.
dolphin102
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Talking to him about it and if he do not change say good bye and God will send you and your daughter a very good man. :):) have faith in God and pray to him he can hear you.:):)
dolphin102
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Talking to him about it and if he do not change say good bye and God will send you and your daughter a very good man. :):) have faith in God and pray to him he can hear you.:):)
lullabylily
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Well, of course he treats his daughter better because (1)  He only see her once a week (2)  He may have a special bond with her since she was born, you know, Daddy's little girl (3) his DD is older than your DD so he can bond better with his own DD ... the possible list can go on, BUT what matter is that your own DD need to bond with her own father first before bonding with other adult male in her life OR (if your ex-DH is an A-hole or dont partake in his DD life) then you just need to give them both time ... you need to be patience and patience dont have an expiration date, one day they will click

homeschoolx3
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Kick this loser back to the curb where you found him. Get a clue, he does not care about you or your daughter, he only wanted to get laid without having to making any commitment. 

RobJar
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Your daughter cannot be happy knowing the man who is a constant in her life doesn't like her. Time to grow up and move on. There is not getting the point across to this man, or should I say boy.
Vanderhyde
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
If you have talked to him about this and he doesn't change you need to leave put your daughter first than your boyfriend. Try to find a roommate to help with rent or a friend to live with.
dolphin102
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Looking God give you your daughter do what best for you and here and get out now and say good bye-bye and I Will be pray for you and your daughter.:):)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN