Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Boyfriend treats his daughter better then mine ugh!

Posted by   + Show Post

My boyfriend and I have been together since my daughter was 2 and his 3. They are only nine months apart. He has made no effort to bond at all with my daughter and she lives with us yet every weekend when his daughter is over he treats her like a little princess and mine gets jealous and as a result she is mean to his daughter. They are 4 and 5 now. Don't get me wrong he does buy my daughter stuff but he never plays with her or lets her sit on his lap or watch movies or anything. His daughter never gets introuble and does what ever you tell her to and mine while she is a spirited on lol. Regardless of their personalitlies they should be treated the same and he should have bonded with her after 2 years. She tells me all the time that she doesn't even like him and I know it is because he puts no effort in. I have even caught him giving her dirty looks and she has too.  This makes me so sad for my daughter. Please help!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Replies (221-230):
jenmomx3
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Why in the world would you be in a relationship with someone that doesn't LOVE your baby??? Makes no sense to me, how can he love you and not love your child...you need to let him go and try again.

Banville108
by New Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:41 PM
I am not sure were you got that I don't have custody of my daughter??? I do she lives with me and visits her dad when she can. He father and I get along amazingly well.

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

May i ask why you dont have custody of your daughter? Sorry to sound rude. but it may be pertinent to your BFs behavior. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JP-StrongForTwo
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I must have misunderstood. Sorry! 

Quoting Banville108:

I am not sure were you got that I don't have custody of my daughter??? I do she lives with me and visits her dad when she can. He father and I get along amazingly well.

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

May i ask why you dont have custody of your daughter? Sorry to sound rude. but it may be pertinent to your BFs behavior. 

NocturnesAngel
by New Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:15 AM

I am going to ask a question that may have already been posted, but I am not reading through over 200 replies to see, if it's been previously posted I apologize.

Have you ever considered that he may be bonding with your daughter do to the fact that she HAS A FATHER WHO IS IN HER LIFE?

Please understand that I am not meaning this in a mean, rude or condescending way, but many people have Boundary Lines and usually they feel that what they are doing is best for everyone involved(Even if you continue to tell him otherwise, you have to realize that He is a Father of A Little Girl and He Probably Doesn't Want Anyone Playing Daddy or Remotely Getting Attached To His Daughter)

So he may put up a guard to keep his feelings in Check. You say he provides Financially for your daughter, but not Emotionally.  In My Opinion: That would tell me that he cares about my child's welfare but he his holding back  emotionally for whatever reason. 

Again, just my thoughts. I hope you and your daughter find Happiness.

hargonagain
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:40 AM
2 moms liked this

I think you need to really think about your relationship.  Your daughter has to come before your boyfriend. 

jessesbride
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:27 PM

& you are still with him? What do you think his indifference, disinterest, & dislike will do to her emotional & mental health?! Those are reprecussions that will have long lasting effects.  If he won't change his ways... You need to change your mind & move on for you AND your daughter's sakes!!!

WillsMOM72
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
If you don't like the way he treats your daughter then leave. I would never put up with something like that.
Maybe start treating his daughter the same way he treats yours and then he'll notice and realize that it's wrong.
Childofares
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Any man that gives my child dirty look, let alone in the home we live in, is getting his shit placed on the porch and perhaps those eyes removed by a spoon. 

savannahmom2011
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:01 AM
ummm leave him
Banville108
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I understand What you are all saying and I am doing everything I can to get out of the situation. I have no family they have all past away and I am not able to get any assistance. Please stop making me feel like a bad mom. My daughter does come first and I make sure now that she is around him as little as possible until I can find a place and move out. My daughter is my world.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN