Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Boyfriend treats his daughter better then mine ugh!

Posted by   + Show Post

My boyfriend and I have been together since my daughter was 2 and his 3. They are only nine months apart. He has made no effort to bond at all with my daughter and she lives with us yet every weekend when his daughter is over he treats her like a little princess and mine gets jealous and as a result she is mean to his daughter. They are 4 and 5 now. Don't get me wrong he does buy my daughter stuff but he never plays with her or lets her sit on his lap or watch movies or anything. His daughter never gets introuble and does what ever you tell her to and mine while she is a spirited on lol. Regardless of their personalitlies they should be treated the same and he should have bonded with her after 2 years. She tells me all the time that she doesn't even like him and I know it is because he puts no effort in. I have even caught him giving her dirty looks and she has too.  This makes me so sad for my daughter. Please help!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
Banville108
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I am ready to leave. I just have no place to go I lost my mother last year to breast cancer and my father 11 years ago. I can't get any help from the state because "I make too much" however not enough to live on my own. Daycare alone costs me 600 a month. I am so lost and I know this is not good for my daughter. 

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Why are you living with him?

Also, you can't force anyone to bond so thinking that he SHOULD have bonded with her after 2 years isn't realistic. Honestly, if he can't treat the kids the same, is giving your daughter dirty looks and doesn't seem interested in a relationship with her, I would suggest getting out of that relationship. Your daughter deserves better.

PswmomX3
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I was with someone just like this and his daughter was "glass" noone could touch her, she could play with whatever she liked etc, same story.... My kids come first, i really liked him, but despised the way he treated my children... He found the door within 4 months!!!! My kids are everything, if they are not happy, then i am not happy! This guy need a woman with no kids and you need a man who loves all kids!!! Your daughter deserves much better as do you!! Tell him to get out and hit him with the door as he leaves lol!!! Jerk!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SWasson
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't still be involved with this man.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:35 PM

First welcome, Get rid of him your children come before a boyfriend "point blank".

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Quoting SWasson:

I wouldn't still be involved with this man.

Me neither kick him to the curb.

PurpleHazey
by Angie on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Why are you living with him?

Also, you can't force anyone to bond so thinking that he SHOULD have bonded with her after 2 years isn't realistic. Honestly, if he can't treat the kids the same, is giving your daughter dirty looks and doesn't seem interested in a relationship with her, I would suggest getting out of that relationship. Your daughter deserves better.

Who couldn't bond with a 2 year old, yep get rid of him!

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:52 PM
You should try talking to him again. Let him know if he can't respect her than you're gone. A grown man giving dirty looks to a kid is just ridiculous. Staying with him and the way he acts is no good for your child.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ilaynasmommy
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Or leave.

Quoting Jennyanne322:

It's not his kid. He doesn't have to.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yamamoma
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:07 PM
7 moms liked this

really ? i dare a man to try and be apart of my life yet not treat my  kids right. Infact you better treat my kids better then you treat me ! Especially if he's apart of there every day life..

Quoting Jennyanne322:

It's not his kid. He doesn't have to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN