Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Boyfriend treats his daughter better then mine ugh!

Posted by   + Show Post

My boyfriend and I have been together since my daughter was 2 and his 3. They are only nine months apart. He has made no effort to bond at all with my daughter and she lives with us yet every weekend when his daughter is over he treats her like a little princess and mine gets jealous and as a result she is mean to his daughter. They are 4 and 5 now. Don't get me wrong he does buy my daughter stuff but he never plays with her or lets her sit on his lap or watch movies or anything. His daughter never gets introuble and does what ever you tell her to and mine while she is a spirited on lol. Regardless of their personalitlies they should be treated the same and he should have bonded with her after 2 years. She tells me all the time that she doesn't even like him and I know it is because he puts no effort in. I have even caught him giving her dirty looks and she has too.  This makes me so sad for my daughter. Please help!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Replies (21-30):
stillkim
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:07 PM
2 moms liked this

You are asking for help. You need to help yourself and ultimately help your daughter. Look at the title of you post.  Think about how your daughter feels.

yamamoma
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Crazy how it seems you have noticed this for awhile yet still stay with him.. shouldnt you and your daughter be a package deal ? Seems kind of selfish you would stay in a relationship that not only makes you feel sad about the situation but more importantly your DAUGHTER too !

chapisguzman
by New Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I think you should put your daughter first and your boyfriend second.
You are only going to cause your daughter to start hating him and you for putting him first and maybe im wrong but many thats how she feels.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Banville108
by New Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:05 AM
6 moms liked this

Thank you all for basically telling me what I have already been feeling! I am not being sarcastic either so don't take that the wrong way. I am actually going to look at an apartment tonight. I have no idea how I am going to afford it but enough is enough! 

jmama0307
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:06 AM

That sucks but in all honesty that isn't his kid so I would totally see the reason why he treats yours differently. I wouldn't be with someone who treats my kid bad. I don't have a problem cause my DF is my son's father and I myself wouldn't like to be with someone with kids. It's just isn't for me. I wouldn't care for another child like I care for mine. 

luvmylilbean
by New Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I'm sorry, I don't really have any advice, but I couldn't be with a man who didn't treat my kids right. If he can't change and put in a little more effort I think it's probably time to get out of that relationship. Chances are nothing will change and those girls will grow up resenting each other and it's not fair to your daughter to have to live with someone who she can even tell doesn't care about her. And it has got to hurt her when she sees him being so sweet and doing extra stuff with his daughter and doing nothing with/for her. I mean, I can understand wanting to do some things with just his kid, and some things special for her, but it sounds like he is ONLY doing for his, and that's just not right :(

CJsMommy92
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I would leave him. To each her own, it's just personally I wouldn't stay with somone who didn't love my child

mrs.Martinez201
by New Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:32 AM
It makes me sad your still with him! My x was like that, we didn't last long,!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Privacyisgood
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Sounds like he's an asshole.  

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Then why are you with him?  Your daughter should always come first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)