Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Boyfriend treats his daughter better then mine ugh!

Posted by   + Show Post

My boyfriend and I have been together since my daughter was 2 and his 3. They are only nine months apart. He has made no effort to bond at all with my daughter and she lives with us yet every weekend when his daughter is over he treats her like a little princess and mine gets jealous and as a result she is mean to his daughter. They are 4 and 5 now. Don't get me wrong he does buy my daughter stuff but he never plays with her or lets her sit on his lap or watch movies or anything. His daughter never gets introuble and does what ever you tell her to and mine while she is a spirited on lol. Regardless of their personalitlies they should be treated the same and he should have bonded with her after 2 years. She tells me all the time that she doesn't even like him and I know it is because he puts no effort in. I have even caught him giving her dirty looks and she has too.  This makes me so sad for my daughter. Please help!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Replies (211-220):
bellygirl
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Also, it seems that you have feelings of jealousy toward his daughter as well. When you have to list the "nice" things you've done for her, i.e., throwing a party, taking her to build a neat, etc. there's more to your motives. I had a friend that did the very same thing for her husbands daughter and all the while couldn't stand his kid. There's more to accepting and loving a child than keeping them busy w/parties and gifts.
abigailsmommy11
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:22 AM
If you want your relationship to last, you both need to look at the children as both of yours instead of yours and his.
Hulagirl55
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:29 AM

Major Red Flags.... The good news is you aren't married to him. The bad news is you're in a committed relationship with a man that doesn't give your daughter the time of day. OUCH. I'd be packing my bags, especially after that long and still no change? Definitely time to move on..... Sorry.....

Ihold8Stars
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:08 AM
Doesn't anybody here actually read?

OP sounds like she has some dirty looks for her BOYFRIENDS daughter too.

because she's a princess who's well behaved

OP admotts her childs Mean to his kid because she's jealous.

OP that's your fault your DD doesn't have a Dad who treats her like a princess.

OP he's your Boyfriend.. Not your husband - he's made No move to play Daddy.

OP do you realize your jealous of a 5 yr old?

OP do you realize your daughter mocks your behavior?

Everybodys saying run...

Cuz you say he gives dirty looks...

What are your looks like? Cuz based on what you've said here your the one I'd be concerned of.

I wonder what her mother thinks of you and your daughter?

I think you should leave to because your not grown enough to lay out your expectation in your relationship. Your faulting this guy who is honestly just your boyfriend.

Instead of pushing for a daddy why not work on just developing relationships?

The daddy part developed in time and any guy who claims to be in from the start is bs you ladies.. They're only faking it to keep you!!! In time it may cone but the whole package deals a false front that men know you expect.

Many here couldn't jump into step parent role.. Kinda makes sense why your single to begin with, parenting takes alot of work when they are your own kids and it's double hard when they're not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PBJhdez
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:27 AM

Quoting Banville108:

Quoting Jennyanne322:

It's not his kid. He doesn't have to.

I understand that but he doesn't have to treat mine like crap. He never does anything with her all week long and he gives my crap if I ask him to help her with anything. It is like I am a single mom but when his daughter is over I give them both baths, I dress them, take them to dance class etc.... He does NOTHING for my daughter. 

Why would you want your boyfriend to give her a bath?

CarolynC71
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I'm 41 years old and I've even noticed that my Dad treats my step brother and step sister even better than he does me and my sisters (or at least me) and my younger son even thinks that Grandpa doesn't like him. I can understand your daughter's feelings. I would seriously reconsider the relationship. If he can't accept your daughter that makes me wonder how he might treat you later.

jojo_382
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:31 PM
I'm sorry people are saying that it's not his kid then he should have to treat her the same I think it's wrong an dum in my opinion he knew that you already had daughter he should have accepted it from day 1 and respected her just as well he respected you sorry just makes me a little mad my mom choose her man over me an my bros either he starts changing and treat her right or you leave him because it's not right for your daughter to have to see that from him
jojo_382
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:39 PM
and I understand ur daughters feelings because you know she sees him treating her 1 way and then his own daughter in a different way he should treat both equally
snickers1962
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:33 PM

your little girl deserves better.if you don't get her out of that situation she might grow up with issues and might blame you when she becomes older.

preplovesyou
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:30 PM

If she has stated she doesn't like him, even after all this time AND you've actually caught him giving her dirty looks.. why are you still with him?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)