Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Boyfriend treats his daughter better then mine ugh!

Posted by   + Show Post

My boyfriend and I have been together since my daughter was 2 and his 3. They are only nine months apart. He has made no effort to bond at all with my daughter and she lives with us yet every weekend when his daughter is over he treats her like a little princess and mine gets jealous and as a result she is mean to his daughter. They are 4 and 5 now. Don't get me wrong he does buy my daughter stuff but he never plays with her or lets her sit on his lap or watch movies or anything. His daughter never gets introuble and does what ever you tell her to and mine while she is a spirited on lol. Regardless of their personalitlies they should be treated the same and he should have bonded with her after 2 years. She tells me all the time that she doesn't even like him and I know it is because he puts no effort in. I have even caught him giving her dirty looks and she has too.  This makes me so sad for my daughter. Please help!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Replies (31-40):
KaylasMama11
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:08 PM

ok first off you spoke to him and he is not changing. you most definitely cannot be with a man who treats your princess like this! she is so young and she notices it. you got to put her first he sounds like a jerk

KaylasMama11
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

if my mother did it with three kids an  no assistance I'm sure you can with one. I have also. you are a mother you can make it work you'll be perfectly fine.

Quoting Banville108:

Thank you all for basically telling me what I have already been feeling! I am not being sarcastic either so don't take that the wrong way. I am actually going to look at an apartment tonight. I have no idea how I am going to afford it but enough is enough! 

boys2men2soon
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Perhaps he feels guilty that he lives with your daughter, and not his own?   Maybe he fears getting too close to your daughter out of loyalty to his own.      You only have two choices....... stay or leave.

Tell him how you feel.   You and your daughter are a packaged deal, love you both or leave.  Ask him if he wants his daughter's step Dad to treat her the way he treats your DD.    Your daughter deserves to be treated better and she deserves to be loved by those she lives with.    If you stay together and have a child together, your daughter is going to be really left behind. 

PoplarGrove
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Well, I'm not trying to tell you what to do but I can say for certain I will never allow a man to be in my life if he doesn't take me and my daughters as a package deal.  Treat my kids like crap and we're gone.  

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:42 PM

It sounds like you guys need counseling to learn how to disipline your high spirited daughter, if he is unwilling to do that leave him. He definitely should be kinder to your little girl, you don't want her thinking that's how father figures behave.

momofqtees
by New Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I would be breaking up with his ass

Mamainthemiddle
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Responding to a previous comment: "It isn't his kid. He doesn't have to"....He doesn't have to what? He doesn't have to being kind to a child with whom he shares a home? He certainly DOES have the responsibility to do so.e

To the original post: He signed up for the WHOLE package, and if he can't make himself available emtionally (to ALL parties) involved....Well, you and he need to reconsider why he chose to be with someone with a child.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:10 AM

Bottom line...if a boyfriend of mine didn't treat my kids well, then I'd be kicking his butt out the door.

My kids come first, always.

I'm so thankful that my husband is Daddy to all of my kids and I don't have to deal with this kind of stuff, whew!

momsurvival
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:00 AM
If after 3 years he still doesnt do anything, Im thinking you are kinda slow. Why would you putup with this kind of relationship?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MOMof2_1982
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Quoting PurpleHazey:

First welcome, Get rid of him your children come before a boyfriend "point blank".

EXACTLY!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN