Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

A Decoration Theme?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:54 PM
  • 10 Replies

Do you have a decoration theme in your house?  like apples for the kitchen for example?  I'm looking to do a little sprucing up and not sure what to do.  I am think Brown and turquoise for my living room.  My couch cover is brown and so is my reclining chair and my entertainment stand is wood along with my desk, end tables and coffee table so I thought brown and turquoise would look great with it.  I was thinking of curtains and throw pillows and pictures to hang.

but don't really have any ideas for my bathrooms (1.5 baths) or my kitchen and dining room.

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:43 PM

My living room is brown and blue with cherry wood and iron accents.  My bedroom is black white and grey with turquoise.  The kitchen is white, and my bathroom is pink...partly because replacing the tile is so expensive and time consuming.

TexasMami409
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:47 PM
My living room is dark wood with red and browns. My soon to be den will be purple and green, wine and grapes themed. My bathrooms are light blue. My soon to be renovated kitchen will be black and white.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kellyjude1
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:52 PM

If you look online sometimes just under bathroom decor etc.  you will find lots of great ideas.  My kitchen is very country red and white.  My living room is gray and white very cottage (wainscoating).  My dining room is done in light earth tones of tan.  I love the country/cottage decorating ideas.  I hope you find something you like.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Quoting Kellyjude1:

If you look online sometimes just under bathroom decor etc.  you will find lots of great ideas.  My kitchen is very country red and white.  My living room is gray and white very cottage (wainscoating).  My dining room is done in light earth tones of tan.  I love the country/cottage decorating ideas.  I hope you find something you like.

Thank you, I will look and see what I can find

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

My living room is brown and blue with cherry wood and iron accents.  My bedroom is black white and grey with turquoise.  The kitchen is white, and my bathroom is pink...partly because replacing the tile is so expensive and time consuming.

that all sounds really nice

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Quoting TexasMami409:

My living room is dark wood with red and browns. My soon to be den will be purple and green, wine and grapes themed. My bathrooms are light blue. My soon to be renovated kitchen will be black and white.

I like the grapes theme.

gypsy30
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:01 PM

My living room has kind of a Tuscany theme.  It's kind of mustard yellow and olive green, and I have red Poppy stuff, and my kitchen is kind of the same way, but with grape and wine accents.  My bathroom is kind of safari themed, painted dark burgundy red and I have lion and zebra accents.  I like the earthy colors, not real light colors or pastels.  My daughter has a turquoise and black bedroom and it looks pretty cool.  I think the brown and turquoise would look really hip.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Quoting gypsy30:

My living room has kind of a Tuscany theme.  It's kind of mustard yellow and olive green, and I have red Poppy stuff, and my kitchen is kind of the same way, but with grape and wine accents.  My bathroom is kind of safari themed, painted dark burgundy red and I have lion and zebra accents.  I like the earthy colors, not real light colors or pastels.  My daughter has a turquoise and black bedroom and it looks pretty cool.  I think the brown and turquoise would look really hip.

I like the safari theme for a bathroom. 

jaytee
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:46 AM
That sounds nice

I have the most boring house ever! Lol!
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:58 PM
we have a cape cod lighthouse bathroom. and similar cape cod themes in the kitchen and family room. the other bath is more pink and feminine and mine lol. the formal living room and dining room are more mediterranean and have orientals. leather and brass accents.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN