Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

3 week old fell off bed

I was feeding my 3 week old son & i accidentally dozed off & the next thing i knew my son was rolling off the bed & landed on his stomach. He cried right away & i think he was more scared than anything but calmed down after i picked him up. I feel so bad about it & definitely learned my lesson. Has anyone else had this happen?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:39 AM
Replies (11-20):
TexasMami409
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Quoting othermom:

The kids have rolled off the couch before.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:53 AM
yes.
NNB
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. My ds at 9 months old fell off the bed. Landed on his head, he cried and threw up. It was a trip to the ER but he was fine. Scariest moment of my life! He has never fallen off since, but he likes to stand on the edge and it drives me insane, I freak out and get so scared about it, but he thinks its a laugh lol

DayDreamer1201
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Nope... 

lynzee813
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:41 PM

its also happened to me, but not so young. It was when my first was able to roll over. I felt terriable!  i cried!....Deff learned my lesson! Things happen. 

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:45 PM

My ds was a week old. I fell asleep with him on my chest. When I woke up I forgot her was there, I stretched and he rolled off and fell on the floor belly down.

I felt sooo bad! But he was okay :-)

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:47 PM

My ds also rolled off the counter and Mc donalds when he was 4 months old. I turned my back just for a second and he rolled (Incidently it was bhis first time rolling over,lol) He landed face down and cried! A trip to the ER and he was fine.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:48 PM

i'm sure this isn't the first time it's happened....

DiANAiVELiSSE
by Diana on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:30 PM

my 9 mth old DS has fallen off 3 times! pediatrician said to keep an eye on him but as long as he did not pass out afterwards and was normal he should be ok.. oh yea he also said to stop putting him on the bed! LOL

Emilytrademark
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

DD has rolled off our bed, fortunately we just had the mattress and boxsprings on the floor and no bed frame to keep it closer to the ground. I never thought it would happen but it did. She was fine, I was traumatized! Babies are very resilient though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)