Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

3 week old fell off bed

I was feeding my 3 week old son & i accidentally dozed off & the next thing i knew my son was rolling off the bed & landed on his stomach. He cried right away & i think he was more scared than anything but calmed down after i picked him up. I feel so bad about it & definitely learned my lesson. Has anyone else had this happen?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:39 AM
Replies (31-40):
stillkim
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:51 PM

It's happened to me when they were a little older.  It happens.

ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this
My apologies then. There are way too many moms on here that are snarky and rude. Its difficult to differentiate.

Quoting luvmybug:

not THAT way. i MEANT it's probably not the first time someone, in general, has done that.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Thats a snarky thing to say.

Quoting luvmybug:

i'm sure this isn't the first time it's happened....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmybug
by Amanda on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

that's ok. i should've been more specific.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

My apologies then. There are way too many moms on here that are snarky and rude. Its difficult to differentiate.

Quoting luvmybug:

not THAT way. i MEANT it's probably not the first time someone, in general, has done that.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Thats a snarky thing to say.

Quoting luvmybug:

i'm sure this isn't the first time it's happened....

snowwillow
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:29 PM
6 moms liked this

Well, I hate to admitt it but when my son was 8 months and in a walker, he walked his walker right out the front door and fell over. That was 34 years ago, they found out those walkers were unsafe, and I learned to shut the door.

He has his masters in education and is a HS math teacher.

Paperfishies
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:32 PM
No. I've never left my kids, while small unattended on the bed or couch. A girl I went to high school with, her infant rolled off the bed and fractured his back, spent quite a while in the hospital.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kace323
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Gotta love all of the mom's on here who think they're so much better because this has never happened.  My daughter used to sleep in her boppy all of the time.. she fell asleep in it on the couch once, was strapped in and everything.  She rolled out hit the hardwood floor and was just fine. she was scared, but it could have been worse. I was ashamed when it happened, I never told anyone...now i know IT'S NORMAL TO HAPPEN ONCE OR TWICE!!

WithHope
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Within the first year of their lives both my older two rolled off something. ... They're no worse for the wear!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thanush
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

There's a old tale that goes as "if a baby didn't roll off a bed or a sofa/ couch by 6 mo, it's bad luck"  So I guess almost every baby does once or twic. Lol

mine fell from bed couple of times too, when she was about 4 mo. Made me feel horrible.... Now that she's 3 and sleep on a toddler bed , she roll off almost every day.

Kaseyrose21
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep. DD wiggled off her swing once while I had my back turned. It happens to all of us. Don't feel bad. Just learn from it. Your baby is fine, just shaken up.

mamalusbear
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Yes, I was changing DS on the bed when I grabbed a wipe and he rolled off the bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN