Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

3 week old fell off bed

I was feeding my 3 week old son & i accidentally dozed off & the next thing i knew my son was rolling off the bed & landed on his stomach. He cried right away & i think he was more scared than anything but calmed down after i picked him up. I feel so bad about it & definitely learned my lesson. Has anyone else had this happen?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:39 AM
Replies (41-50):
Telo319
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Unfortunately it happened to my daughter but luckily she was ok. I was more shaken up than she was.

1plustwinsmommy
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:01 PM
No but a friends dh let their son roll off. He fell asleep holding him and she woke up to him searching the bedroom because he'd lost their son. He somehow rolled under the bed. It's funny now since no harm and it was years ago.
yamamoma
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

both of my kids have fallen off the bed, and they still turned out just fine. accidents happen ..

Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Yup, my daughter wasn't moving yet, I went to answer the door and I didn't make it 3 feet from the couch when i heard a thud and cry.

My daughter must have wanted to answer the door too. I felt super guilty. It's like you read about how you should never leave them for a second, and you're like what can happen in a second, well kids can decide that moving for the first time at the moment is the perfect time.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

A lot of people won't admit to it, but it happens.

I have had a baby fall asleep on the couch and roll off. 

I very rarely bother to check a board twice, so debate, get mad, or whatever it is that'll make you feel better, if you don't like what I have to say, because it won't bother me :)sticking out tongue

GirlWithANikon
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:21 AM

Nope, nursing in bed is a bad idea imo and i didnt do it.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Not off the bed, but my youngest once fell off the couch because my mil who was sitting next to her got up and walked off. She said she forgot the baby was there and was too little to get off the couch by herself. She was like 4 months and she fogot?  It can happen.  Don't beat yourself up.  

We have all done something without thinking and a child gotten slightly hurt.  I once closed my child's fingers in the door....smh. I was distracted.

Angeleyes_6
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:54 AM
It happened to my baby girl once. I was devastated. I didn't think she would roll off being so young and I had her in the middle of the bed. It happened to my dd1 too and I was so scared I called the ambulance cause I thought maybe she would get brain damaged. She was my first baby so I didn't know any better. None the less I was told that rarely anything could happen from a fall off the bed. Its still very scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmericanChild82
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Yes, my daughter was 6 weeks old when she rolled off the bed. Luckily she had landed on some clothes that were on the floor next to the bed so she wasn't hurt but I felt like the worst mother ever.
aarensmommy
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:56 AM

all my kids have rolled off the sofa.

themissheather
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Yes. I found out the hard way that my baby could crawl out of her cosleeper. She's fallen twice, actually.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN