Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Bottle weaning

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:47 AM
  • 10 Replies
I have a 15 month old daughter and want to start weaning her off the bottle. She has a sippy cup that she uses throughout day, but when it comes nap time or bedtime she wants her bottle and won't take anything . I don't want to let her cry herself to sleep. Any ideas?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:22 AM

BUMP!

TexasMami409
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Bump

My daughter had no attachment to the bottle so it was super easy for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I just took my kids bottles away and they had no issue. so

bump for ya

Cindyboca
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:50 AM
I tried taking the bottle away and only giving sippy cup, but she screamed her head off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NNB
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Have you tried putting her in bed with a bit of water in the bottle and reading to her? chances are she'll soon drop the bottle because it's not milk, or, she'll enjoy the reading and you can take it away without any hassle and just read to her instead?

o0gone0o
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM

i took the bottles away by the 1yr mark. My oldest was the one that had to have a bottle to fall asleep. So I started with nap time, I took the bottle and I held him tightly to  keep him from throwing himself around until he'd pass out then I'd lay him down.  Once I no longer needed to hold him like that for naps I took it from him at bed time. But it was done by the day of his 1st bday.

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM

What does she take in her bottle?

zetajen
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

she is at a good age to switch up the nighttime routine and really needs to brush those teeth after the milk. So I would let her have the bottle, then brush teeth, read a story then lay her down. before long, the bottle isn't the cue for night time sleep, but the story is.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:39 PM

My kids never had an issue with giving up the bottle.  Good Luck to you! :)

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Have you tried altering the bedtime routing so the bottle is less obviously missing?  Hugs - hard stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)