Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

root canal???

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:36 PM
  • 10 Replies

My tooth has hurt since i was pregnant (dd is 2ms), I know I need a root canal but i wanted to wait until she was bigger because I suck at pumping, plus dh has a lot going on at work there is no time for me to go to the dentist. My tooth just hurts so much and I feel like it isn't subsiding at all.

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LivinDeadGurl
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I would get it taken care of soon. If the damage gets too bad, you don't want them to have to take the whole tooth. Root canals aren't that bad at all.

bigmama423
by Liz on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I agree, plus you run the risk of getting an infection. Especially after baby, they suck all the nutrients right out of you.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

I would get it taken care of soon. If the damage gets too bad, you don't want them to have to take the whole tooth. Root canals aren't that bad at all.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SandyLaxner
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Agree-mine took a couple hours and no down time.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Diamondblue1
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:37 AM
My baby is 2 months ols to. When i was pregnant with her i was taking these prenatal pills that made me severly constipated so i stopped taking them for a while. One morning i just woke up with a hole in my tooth out of no where so i immediatley started taking my vitamins again now i have this hole i need filled with no money to pay for it:( this is my first cavity to:(
stillkim
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:05 AM

Just go to the dentist. If it gets all infected and into your blood stream you are going to be down for sure.

There is no down time for my root canals.  In fact i just took 800mg of ibuprofen for the pain. YOu can do it.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:11 AM

You will feel SO much better if you get it done, It's not that big of a deal, Good luck honey.

jdy9440
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I've had many root canals, they are no big deal. Better to get it over with asap
clp0930
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM

thanks guys, I have an irrational fear of the dentist

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Please get your tooth taken care of if you are able to.  I have a horrible fear of dentists, which is completely justified by the way no matter what!, and anytime that I have an issue I go, even though I don't like them.  Good luck! :)

KatieKramer94
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I had two root canals done in under an hour (it was two left front teeth) it was quick because of only having 1 root. The pain afterwards does hurt, but its worth it to get it done. You wont feel any pain once everything heals and you run the risk of getting an infection if you dont get it taken care of soon. I had an infection before I got mine done and they put me on antibiotics. They numb you pretty damn good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN