Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Anyone else a single mom?

Posted by   + Show Post
It's really hard looking at my son knowing his dad isn't there for us while I was pregnant he beat me up and used to before that he won't ever be around my son it's just hard and lonely everyone says oh you'll find a good man one day but one day could be forever :( when things are rough and Im getting up at night I think to myself how much nicer it would be if his dad would help. He never bought him anything either everything my son has is because of me and working hard at my job. My son is only 4 months
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:02 AM
I been a single mom for almost 20 yrs. The reason I say 20? The 11yrs I was with my youngest children father, he was too busy abusing me, cheating, in jail so I was a single mother all along. You will eventually find a descent guy.
salleeturner
by New Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM

I was a single mom with six children.  I know what it's like to get up night with a sick child, and I remember wishing I had someone to help me.  My best advice is to not be in a hurry to find "Mr. Right".  Concentrate on being a good mom to your baby.  Usually you will find a nice guy who would be a good husband for you and a good daddy to your baby when you quit looking.  I promise you when it happens, it will be worth the wait.

baseballmom5416
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:21 AM

ive been divorced for 9 years..its hard at first but it does get easy. 

CJsMommy92
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I have serioius respect for single moms! I couldn't imagine being a single mother. My husband doesnt really help often but when he does it's so nice. I couldn't imagine supporting and raising a baby all on my own! 

Pink.Sunshine
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:23 AM
I used to be.
Polkadotsxo
by New Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Thanks everyone
pharnam
by New Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I am a singler mother of three, and actually since we separated and especially since the divorce, I feel like was a single mother of 4 and now just 3. He drained me more than the kids ever could and I am better off without him.  Because I am better off, so are the kids. They are lucky enough to have him in their lives and actually when they're with him now it's more quality time than they every had while I was married.  Anyhow, I too feel like I will never find a man to treat me and my kids right, but I still dream and hope and hang onto the possibility of some day.  At least now I can focus on my girls who are my whole world.

mcknitro
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I am a single mom too.  I tried hard to keep me and my DDs father together, but now I realize how much better life is without him.  I was a single mom for about 3 years before I met my BF.  I now have a great BF who treats me and my daughter well, and maybe someday he will be my husband and I wont have to technically be a single mom anymore.  Hang in there, and you are much better without a man who is abusive.  My DD's dad was emotionally and verbally abusive, never physically.  But that can be very draining on a person.  Life is much better now with my BF.  I am glad I had my education and career prior to having my DD.  I absolutely have great respect for single mothers trying to go to school.  I tried to study for 1 exam with my DD to get my EIT and it was hard - I couldnt imagine trying to get a degree with her.

kayleeab
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I'm a single mom of a 2 year old boy and pregnant. My kids have the same dad. He was all over me and we were trying to work things out up to and on Christmas day, But then he went to a new years party and started dating and screwing another girl. I'm still Married to him and both of them new I was pregnant before they hooked up. IDK what to do or how to go about moving on.

_AshlynNicole
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:56 PM

:( I'm sorry mama. I know it's not easy. I'm a single mom, but I do have my parents help and support when I need it. Stay strong, keep your head up,and keep being an amazing mom! blowing kisses

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN